R40K to spend on a trail bike - What options?

Caerus

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Everyone I know who has owned A spitfire says they have to be ridden hard to show their potential and I think the OP is looking for A trailbike 130/120 range.

So maybe the spitty might not be ideal.

Jeffsy is also probably better than the capra I mentioned.

Think the silverback sprada is also A contender ( I've never owned one but they look like really killer bikes and 40k buys A LOT of silverback)

I don't ride that hard, and the spitty was absolutely bloody amazing when I rode a friend's (thermophage) at Paarl. There's one for sale at stoke at the moment for about 40k with a very good spec for the price.

The smuggler is a great bike. If the OP likes he can come test ride mine. I am negotiable on price. (The relocation costs are getting hectic)

There is a lot to like in that reply for the OP! :)

I think I need to o visit my friends at Stoke Suspension.

They are not your friends... they are evil. They make me spend money and make me think it was all my idea! 

Everyone I know who has owned A spitfire says they have to be ridden hard to show their potential. 

I've ridden a couple very slow and I have very little potential. :)

They are not your friends... they are evil. They make me spend money and make me think it was all my idea! 

I've ridden a couple very slow and I have very little potential. 

Drew has already sent me pics and specs :drool:  . The evil bastards  :whistling:

So been out the scene and off the bike for a while, but want to invest in a decent bike. Ive so far looked at the Trance Advanced 2GE.

Any other suggestions?

Why the carbon? 

I'd rather go for the 1.5 alloy model with fox 34 and overall better spec.

Why the carbon? 

I'd rather go for the 1.5 alloy model with fox 34 and overall better spec.

I've always liked the Trance, had two previously. I can get a good price, so its an option. It will be speced up from the basic model.

So far the Banshee, YT, Stumpjumer are also contenders.

I priced the new Jeffsy at the local importers, and they are now being brought in at around the 52k mark. This was in early May. I decided on the alu Camber for 37k. I am sooo not sorry. All I am upgrading to is a dropper. The rest is on point.

Drew has already sent me pics and specs :drool:  . The evil bastards  :whistling:

Post them... or it's not real! 

I've always liked the Trance, had two previously. I can get a good price, so its an option. It will be speced up from the basic model.

So far the Banshee, YT, Stumpjumer are also contenders.

scrap the trance 

Banshee because Banshee

YT because it goes down A hill like stink

Stumpjumper cause it's a trailbike that pedals like an xc bike 

You honestly can't go wrong with those 3 ^   if your planning on doing under 40km rides the first two if you want to go out all day take the spez

post-13006-0-38522300-1502962888_thumb.jpg

Banshee Spitfire (yellow and blue) up for grabs.
Pike RCT3
Monarch Debonair
Some XT gears and brakes
Lyne crankset
Dt Swiss generic hubs
Rapide dropper and seat

Post them... or it's not real! 

attachicon.gifBanshee Spitfire.jpg

Banshee Spitfire (yellow and blue) up for grabs.

Pike RCT3

Monarch Debonair

Some XT gears and brakes

Lyne crankset

Dt Swiss generic hubs

Rapide dropper and seat

:wub: 

in your budget? 

Archived