[Event] 100 Cycle Challenge

mecheng89

Been in contact with the organizers and they confirmed the route change and it will be full road closure that was also confirmed from Ekurhuleni also

Let's support this race as we support the other even if they also have their problems. And their is

What I see also. Jacaranda that is a sponsor is getting more involved with cycling as they also sponsor the Red Barn mtb race and saw they also now a sponsor for the Kremetart race, the number 1 race in the country as most will agree

Throwing more sponsors at a possible problem doesn't guarantee success.

Time will tell as Frosty says.

Methinks I'll skip the race, to 1st see if the organisers are worth their salt.  Which frees up some cash for a lekker dinner with the family.

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If I remember correctly we where warned about the Heidelberg chief of traffic.

As far as I know the route will stay the whole time in Ekurhuleni borders. The border run south to Suikerbosrand north fence line, West into Alberton and East Past Springs. So if I follow your map supplief of 100Cycle then all is in Ekurhuleni

Ekurhuleni Metro has no jurisdiction in Heidelberg (Sedibeng District, Lesedi municipality), so they (Ekurhuleni) can’t guarantee road closure across multiple municipalities.

Also, the chief of traffic in Heidelberg is extremely difficult to get normal permission to use roads, never mind road closure. He has threatened to stop races when riders are seen crossing the white/centre line.

I guess time will tell.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well your choice at the end if you want to support/ride it

I just look at it. Big sponsors coming aboard especially like Jacaranda FM that will do alot of promoting on a race but more importantly for cycling in general that will give more exposure for us to grown cycling in SA and most possibly awareness for cyclist. Road safety etc

Throwing more sponsors at a possible problem doesn't guarantee success.

Time will tell as Frosty says.

Methinks I'll skip the race, to 1st see if the organisers are worth their salt.  Which frees up some cash for a lekker dinner with the family.

only section that don't fall in Ekuhuleni. New route of there web

as you cross over the N3 on the northern boundary of Suikerbosrand on the R550, turn right onto R103, left on to R23 till the next intersection of R550. In total about 15km. So small section that I was wrong on

If I remember correctly we where warned about the Heidelberg chief of traffic.

As far as I know the route will stay the whole time in Ekurhuleni borders. The border run south to Suikerbosrand north fence line, West into Alberton and East Past Springs. So if I follow your map supplief of 100Cycle then all is in Ekurhuleni

The question is, to tandem or not to tandem.

New route is 99km with 766m of climbing, and a 16km section along the N17.

Edited by something_random

Entered, assume this is Racetec timed and counts towards 947 seeding. Try as i might I could not get round the lic box without selecting an option so picked off temp lic. 

So the route appears to be different from the map posted yesterday. Into Alberton, then left at the bottom of the steps, passing the reserve then right to the R23and back to Carnival City before returning to Germiston Lake.

All within Ekurhuleni, but closing off a couple taxi routes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Entered, assume this is Racetec timed and counts towards 947 seeding. Try as i might I could not get round the lic box without selecting an option so picked off temp lic.

Perhaps I'll come out of 'retirement' to race my old mate Scotty one more time [emoji6]

Sent from my HUAWEI VNS-L31 using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...

do you guys know if this is a single "bunch" start or seeded start groups?

It will be seeded.