Power tap firmware update

jamiepenfold3

Hi everyone 

I have a powertap G3 (older version.) I think that it needs a firmware update but I cant seem to get it right to do it. does anyone know of a place in Cape Town area that would be able to help me out?

Thanks  

The older PowerTap G3 hubs with ANT+ only PowerCaps will need to be plugged in to a PC and updated via PowerAgent. Milky4130 has done a great job in sharing the video.

If you struggling to come right please try a different USB cable or different USB port. If you still don't come right please make sure you have the latest version of PowerAgent (download off www.powertap.com)

If you still don't come right please mail us on info(at)bicyclepower.co.za or 011-023-2777

• 5 years later...

Powertab G3 hub – no power reading

Believe the hub was in storage for a while and firmware might got outdated – wild quest!

How do I update firmware on a Powertap G3 hub?

It is Bluetooth and Ant+

Battery replaced and can see a green and red light

It has no USB port inside where the battery is changed – thus cannot be connected to a PC via USB

Phone is picking it up in Bluetooth mode but require an App to link

There is no Powertap app on Playstore

Poweragent is not working

Some say via Rouvy? But I don’t have a subscription and not going to join just to see if it MIGHT work.

No success with a Google search or YouTube …

Mailed info@bicyclepower.co.za

Dave from Bicyclepower directed me to Cape Cycle Systems as the brand was sold to them in 2018

Query logged at Cape Cycle Systems but unfortunately no reply…

1 hour ago, Mongoose! said:

Powertab G3 hub – no power reading

Believe the hub was in storage for a while and firmware might got outdated – wild quest!

How do I update firmware on a Powertap G3 hub?

It is Bluetooth and Ant+

Battery replaced and can see a green and red light

It has no USB port inside where the battery is changed – thus cannot be connected to a PC via USB

Phone is picking it up in Bluetooth mode but require an App to link

There is no Powertap app on Playstore

Poweragent is not working

Some say via Rouvy? But I don’t have a subscription and not going to join just to see if it MIGHT work.

No success with a Google search or YouTube …

Mailed info@bicyclepower.co.za

Dave from Bicyclepower directed me to Cape Cycle Systems as the brand was sold to them in 2018

Query logged at Cape Cycle Systems but unfortunately no reply…

Find someone with an iPhone 📱 

IMG_2855.png

IMG_2854.png

IMG_2853.png

I doubt it is firmware related though, on a new'ish hub like yours as the firmware has not been updated in yonks. The light should only flash green when inserting a new battery. I literally just did this yesterday, old battery was flashing red & green, after inserting the new battery just green light.

Did a firm ware update successfully on the Axs app.

Unfortunately the hub is still not working properly. 

Believe it is the micro plug that connects the power cap to the wheel. 

Did get it to work at one stage and then it drained a brand new Dura Cell  2032 coin battery overnight. The red o ring is still 100% and looks new.

Sprayed some electrical switch cleaner on plug but no success. 

See if you search hard  and have deep pockets with Aramex global shopper, I can still buy a new power cap, but not worth it - beter to go the Stages route then...

Nee wat eks gatvol gesukkel!