[Event] Meals On Wheels Cycle Race

Face Plant

Event Name: Meals On Wheels Cycle Race
When: 1 October 2017
Where: sedaven Heidelberg, Gauteng
Category: Road

Meals on Wheels Cycle Challenge is an event that strives to bring relief to the Vaal Triangle's less fortunate and elderly. Meals on Wheels Cycle

Challenge was first initiated to provide for the elderly, but has since expanded to help those who aren't able to provide for themselves, those who earn no or very little income, child-headed households, orphans and the disabled. Please bring your tin food and blankets!

Please come and support the cause! Together we can reach out to those in need and make a difference!

Venue:

Sedaven, Heidelberg - Gauteng

GPS S26° 31.50' 58" E28° 18.40' 25"

Distances:

90km • 45km • 6km Kiddies Race

SPECIAL BATCH FOR MOUNTAIN BIKES

Start Times:

90km - 07h30 • 45km - 07h35 • 6km - 07h45

Cut-off time for 90km - 10h00 at 45km turnaround

Go to Event Page

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

After missing out on a wind jacket previous years for entering too late and looking on in envy at others I was one of the first to enter  :D Best value for money and if the wind blows like the past few years it will live up to the word challenge in the title. 

Hey guys,  please remember that the first 600 pre-entries all receive a complementary wind jacket with their entry.

Have they changed the route?

Last few years have always been a ride out to a T-junction and then return with the same road back, but looking at the route on the Event page, it has a few loops now?

Hey guys, I think your GPS coords are wrong... It takes me to somewhere near Ellispark rugby stadium?

Hi Duanelr, I am assuming you put the GPS co-ords into Google maps? I also noticed that if you copy the co-ords into Google maps it shows somewhere in JHB but if you put the co-ords into a GPS it takes you to the right place. thanks for the concern though!

Have they changed the route?

Last few years have always been a ride out to a T-junction and then return with the same road back, but looking at the route on the Event page, it has a few loops now?

Hi Cassie

the route has been changed, it is now a circle route as per the event page

hope to see you there!

Hi Cassie

hope to see you there!

Hi Face Plant  :thumbup:  thank you, that sounds awesome and nice to have a change in the route!

We will be there (as per every year)  :clap:  at the moment we are about 7-8 people, but growing by the day and our group should end up around 10-15  :thumbup:  :clap:

Always nice to be part of something bigger than yourself and help the elderly and less fortunate. 

See you THERE!

Hi Cassie

hope to see you there!

Just out of interest, did they measure the distance of the new route?

Looks like it could be around 110km's now (as per Google maps) with a lot more climbing  :thumbup:  now it WILL be a challenge...especially if the wind blows (as per usual)  :ph34r:  :ph34r:  :ph34r:

Sadly missing this event.

Think it good thing the guys change the route, The guys were taking some hectic chances with traffic last time I did the race, throwing gutter on the right side of the road.

But I guess can not complain if I am in Ballito rather than Gauteng for the weekend.

Im tempted to enter but the cut off kind of wuick at 45 Km or am I just very slow on my MTB

45km "turnaround" is about 22-25km's into the 90km race...so that is about 10km's per hour if taken over 2 and a half hours...you will be fine and should ride quicker than 10kms/h?  :thumbup:

Im tempted to enter but the cut off kind of wuick at 45 Km or am I just very slow on my MTB

Enter Be4dawn, there is a MTB specific batch this year!