[Event] Meals On Wheels Cycle Race

Face Plant

Sjoe you in for a tough one. My lightie is 22 months, We bought him a harness, its like a backpack that looks like a frog. It then has a leash. When we go to the shops he doesn't want to be in the pram anymore and seldom wants to be carried so he just runs around. At least this thing keeps him close. 

Before we had a kid our PVR was like 1 maybe 2 pages full. Now its like 6 or 7 pages. We say lets relax and watch some tv but usually just fall asleep. Sometimes it takes like 3 or 4 days to watch a 30min sitcom episode.

LOL...we have a similar harness (Blue thing bought at Makro)...the people always point and laugh at us, BUT at least he is not taking over the mall and we have him fairly "under control".

:clap:  and the sitcom story is SO the same  :D  we love relaxing with sitcoms / comedy, but we end up falling asleep and wake up around 11h00-01h00 and just wonder what happened and then switch off all the lights and tv...LOL...and then TRY to fall asleep again  ;)

PS - admin is going to tell us all to start our own forum page  :P  :P  :P

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

See everyone one Sunday. Good Luck and enjoy.

No matter what the weather is just remember that your entry is going to a good cause for this race. 

P.S. In previous years they always had a donation box so if you got a few spare cans of tinned food bring them along and pop them in the box.

I will be on an orange tandem(the younger guy on the front), not sure what kit yet but the orange tandem is a give away, come introduce yourself.

Very interesting race! Saw Mr. LWB on his orange tandem, tried to greet but the start chute was a bit congested! 

Start was fierce, promptly lost the bunch. Hope the guy who had the crash at the beginning is OK.

Finally managed to form a group, and some toppie in a blue shirt (with a dodgy knee, his own comment!) really gave me stick!

All in all, a definite workout this morning! Love the lumo jacket!

Was a fairly tough race for a lazy weekend warrior, but it was fun.

I helped a lady change a flat 3KM into the race, but I lost her when I got back on my bike.  I hope she was OK and continued to ride. I cant remember the bike she had or her name though.

Very interesting race! Saw Mr. LWB on his orange tandem, tried to greet but the start chute was a bit congested! 

Start was fierce, promptly lost the bunch. Hope the guy who had the crash at the beginning is OK.

Finally managed to form a group, and some toppie in a blue shirt (with a dodgy knee, his own comment!) really gave me stick!

All in all, a definite workout this morning! Love the lumo jacket!

Yeah that start chute is always a bit chaotic. 

The dude that crashed is a good mate of mine, He has broken his arm just below the elbow. I am no doctor but he sent us a picture of the xray and it looks bad to me. Its broken right off, clear daylight between the 2 ends. A real pity as he has just come back from racing in Belgium and France for 3 months were he did really well including a win and numerous top 10 finishes. He has actually won this race before. 

Windy, as always.  Liked the new route.  Road quality is getting worse every year.

Results seems a bit of a mess.

Good to meet you afterwards.

Yeah the results do seem a bit off. There was a tandem just ahead of us that isn't on the results. 

It might be on the shorter side of things but it's always a hard ride.

A few sections of road that were really bad, must be all the cyclists using the road so frequently.

It looked like the turn-around for the short was a bit of a mess...  Some guys only did 39KM.

The DA water points were pretty decent, thanks for the salty potato and coke!

It looked like the turn-around for the short was a bit of a mess...  Some guys only did 39KM.

The DA water points were pretty decent, thanks for the salty potato and coke!

There was no turn around, it was a loop

post-7-0-17638900-1506926728.jpg

Yeah that start chute is always a bit chaotic. 

The dude that crashed is a good mate of mine, He has broken his arm just below the elbow. I am no doctor but he sent us a picture of the xray and it looks bad to me. Its broken right off, clear daylight between the 2 ends. A real pity as he has just come back from racing in Belgium and France for 3 months were he did really well including a win and numerous top 10 finishes. He has actually won this race before. 

The lack of sense of responsibility in races amazes me.  I was just behind your friend.  A guy on his left just rode across his line to try a follow a possible break WTF!!  He rode into his front wheel/handlebars - so there was only one way to go.

This was at the sharp end of the race, one would think these riders know what they are doing!!!

Also riding pace-line into the wind/crosswind, very few people understood what to do yesterday.

There was no turn around, it was a loop

Yeah looking at that its clear as day but I remember passing the turn around point along the route for the longer route which was more or less the same spot as it always used to be. So it seems to me some followed the loop you posted and some did the extra "finger" to the turn around point which would have added a few extra kms. If I can recall when we passed the turning spot it was about 20 odd km to go for us.

So basically instead of turning right and heading bask the short riders needed to carry on straight for a few km and then U-turn. But this isn't indicated on the map posted.

Yeah looking at that its clear as day but I remember passing the turn around point along the route for the longer route which was more or less the same spot as it always used to be. So it seems to me some followed the loop you posted and some did the extra "finger" to the turn around point which would have added a few extra kms. If I can recall when we passed the turning spot it was about 20 odd km to go for us.

So basically instead of turning right and heading bask the short riders needed to carry on straight for a few km and then U-turn. But this isn't indicated on the map posted.

The map does show that we had to go straight for a few kms then turn and come back but the marshals at this point shouted for us to turn right. Looking at Strava I cannot find anyone who did the extra bit.