I think that the ultra endurance races are more suited to more 'mature' riders mentally (and maybe financially). As the race is not only about speed,they also become competitive in non-stop events where they might not be in shorter races. There are exceptions to every rule of course.

relating it to my own experience, 2008

16 finishers, i can think of 4 of us under age of 30 and average age of probably 40/42.

and it goes without saying it was won by a man of 'senior age', he's now 10 years more senior and still in the running for the win again!

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

On Fc website click mobile version, then tick names and then click live tracking

That from Meryl - and it works.

Mine also isnt showing up on the FC website but if you go to full screen it takes you to the track replay page where the riders appear!

Angela Green has had a tough start, but she is plodding on. I hope that she can hook up with some other riders to make her life a bit easier.

Race for ballies?

or got too expensive for youngsters? (granted there are plenty of people under 40 racing the marginally pricier epic).

Could be a race for ballies, think they are a bit more tungsten, but then you've got Bruce Hughes a young gun..........

Luckily for myself, I've still got time to enter and to give Mike, Tim an Jacques a run for their entry.

:clap:  :clap:  :clap:

Could be a race for ballies, think they are a bit more tungsten, but then you've got Bruce Hughes a young gun..........

Luckily for myself, I've still got time to enter and to give Mike, Tim an Jacques a run for their entry.

:clap:  :clap:  :clap:

cutting it fine for 2018, boet!

wonder if anyone will go on from mariazell, they're almost there now

edit: looks like Roger went shopping in matat this morning!

Man I felt for Roger, that was a lot of time lost and extra km's.

I think Leon from Batch 3 might push through to glen edward this evening, he left Allendale at like 1am but also lost at least 2 hours in the dark with Navigation. He should be at Ntsikeni in the next half hour.

Angela Green has also given herself plenty extra km's already in the last few days

Man I felt for Roger, that was a lot of time lost and extra km's.

I think Leon from Batch 3 might push through to glen edward this evening, he left Allendale at like 1am but also lost at least 2 hours in the dark with Navigation. He should be at Ntsikeni in the next half hour.

Angela Green has also given herself plenty extra km's already in the last few days

Leon going for G Edward, will have a great night at Sheila's.

Angela's day seems to have improved, now she is with next group.

Rodger has the after burners on and  all but caught his companions, well done.

apparently Roger cracked his frame. Caught a taxi to get the steel frame welded in matatiele and then continued. Hard core!

Question off the day are the container boys gonna do sub 3 days and are they gonna have a walk over or will there be a surprise challenge?

See them going to Ntsikeni but not sure if they can keep the double rythm after that. At least they are stupid enough to go over Lehana's in the dark and this time they might have a clue where they are heading. Never shut the door at least I told em that in 2014 whilst waiting for my chicken.

Archived