Swift Evil Twin - To buy or Not to buy??

Joaquim Carneiro

Fellow Hubbers I need some help. Swift Evil Twin "just the frame - New", always loved the frame and I now I have the opportunity to buy it. Good buy, Ok buy or Bad buy???? I currently ride an 2015 Epic Comp.

You don't see any of these frames in my part of SA "port elizabeth". So I can't ask any of the local guys for some feedback.

Please help, any input would help.

Thanks in advance guys & gals.

Agreed! I've built a few and they are well made and a pleasure to work on - the replaceable carbon protector / cable holder is functional coolness!

Rides like a dream too. One of my favourite bikes.

Only real problem with that frame is how ugly it is!

I know that beauty is in the eye of the beholder so maybe it looks amazing to some people.

Buy it. Just think how cool you would be at 60 Minutes of Mayhem. A swift in between all those Specializeds and Scotts.

I ride a Swift myself (hard tail) lovely frame! but a mate of mine has gone through 4 Evil Twin warranty frames. I'm not sure on the current state of Swift the company itself as they are "apparently" are closing down their store in CT. (*I stand corrected*)

So i would check on that as if they close down it will be difficult to claim any warranties.

Thanks gents

I love the look of the frame, keen on the black with blue detailing. PRICE Good

GP.C - A concern regarding the 4 broken frames and definitely food for thought. I'll follow up with Swift in Cape Town, as it's definitely a concern if their operations are closing down and I do have an issue with the frame, where do I go??.

Maybe if anyone else has any insight regarding Swift"s operations please post

Thanks again gents

I do recall reading somewhere on the hub that the company will be sticking around, however i think it was going to be taken up by new ownership and their production and distribution was going to be undertaken in another country. So it just wont be South african bound anymore was my understanding.

I DO STAND TO BE CORRECTED AND MAY NOT HAVE ALL THE FACTS, BUT IM SURE IT WAS SOMETHING ALONG THOSE LINES. 

Why would you want to go from a 2015 epic to a Swift? It's just moving sideways - not an upgrade. Best would be to look at the newer crop of xc bikes with more modern geometry; Scott rc, 2017 Epic, Scalpel, Rocky mountain, Pyga stage etc.

Archived