MTB Helmet advice

Are you planning on doing an enduro race in the near future? Then get the chin bar.

Do you ride at Haka often? Then get the chin bar. 

Are you becoming a more skilled rider and will eventually hit the big stuff? Then get the chin bar.

Haka is very far from me but I enjoyed it there. What is considered big other than Hakahana and Spruit stuff? Considering my last helmet has lasted over 3 years I also want to future-proof myself a bit. Even if it means I don't use the chin bar for the first two years the extra R1000 could save a tooth in 2020 at the Northern Farms Enduro  :ph34r:

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Haha. Give that man a Bells :thumbup:. Thanks Hellocolour. Speaking of toys, here's another:

Leatt DBX 3.0 Enduro convertible helmet for sale.. 

https://www.bikehub.co.za/index.php?app=hubmarket&module=core&do=view_item&item_id=279509&new=1

Ha, ha... as soon as saw that I was keen but I'm pretty sure the large is too large. I'm usually about the 57 mark witch works if they are only running a S/M and M/L sizing. 

Think I'm going to get the Uvex Jakkyl HDE now as CRC won't sell me the Leatt at the price it was when I ordered and they messed it up. Can get it for R2K so think it's pretty worth doing. 

http://14761-presscdn-0-15.pagely.netdna-cdn.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/06/Uvex-Jakyll-hde-First-Look-6-von-19-810x540.jpg

Edited by hellocolour

Haka is very far from me but I enjoyed it there. What is considered big other than Hakahana and Spruit stuff? Considering my last helmet has lasted over 3 years I also want to future-proof myself a bit. Even if it means I don't use the chin bar for the first two years the extra R1000 could save a tooth in 2020 at the Northern Farms Enduro :ph34r:

Dental work is kaaaaaaak expensive far more than the lid, my advice get the full lid with chinbar and include it on your bike insurance.

Ha, ha... as soon as saw that I was keen but I'm pretty sure the large is too large. I'm usually about the 57 mark witch works if they are only running a S/M and M/L sizing. 

Think I'm going to get the Uvex Jakkyl HDE now as CRC won't sell me the Leatt at the price it was when I ordered and they messed it up. Can get it for R2K so think it's pretty worth doing. 

http://14761-presscdn-0-15.pagely.netdna-cdn.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/06/Uvex-Jakyll-hde-First-Look-6-von-19-810x540.jpg

I would like to physically check that out if possible please

Dental work is kaaaaaaak expensive far more than the lid, my advice get the full lid with chinbar and include it on your bike insurance.

Insure the helmet? really, I didnt know you could do that!

Insure the helmet? really, I didnt know you could do that!

Yeah I remember something about that when I insured my bike with cyclesure still need to read the fine print... I'll post once I've gotten around to it....(along with alot of other stuff too)

Got the Leat enduro with chin bar ... my head is 59 so on the border M and L ...

Med fits better than L .... just for info to others interested in this lid.

I tried both sizes etc and so on. So far it is not my first choice. I am keeping my options open, I have a full face and another helmet. My Bell super will need to be replaced soon, and most likely should I crash again and it takes a knock.

I am very fussy when it comes to fit.

Slightly OT but I didn't want to start a whole new thread.

Does anyone know if Fox have an accident trade-in/replacement programme of some description?

Haven't been able to find out anything on the Google-machine so I'm assuming the answer is no but it never hurts to ask.

Slightly OT but I didn't want to start a whole new thread.

Does anyone know if Fox have an accident trade-in/replacement programme of some description?

Haven't been able to find out anything on the Google-machine so I'm assuming the answer is no but it never hurts to ask.

I don't think so, but a great suggestion was to insure your helmet along with your other bike stuff.