Cradle: New Cyclist Attack strategy?

Davey_Jones

Rather odd that a cycle insurer happens to be the source of the news.

Surely if someone wanted to hijack a bike, they could just stop a rider to "ask for directions" then commence with the evil deed sans the effort of the roadside panto.

I smell a rat !

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Any reports of this from any other source ? 

Only seeing the same source reported in different places

We rode cradle Tuesday. Had breakfast afterward and was chatting to Bidon owner. He had heard nothing. And he says there’s always someone coming back with a story. So have not to heard anything, hmmmm.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Me personally, I find the mornings in Cradle are quite busy (relatively speaking), so I find this very unlikley.

Me personally, I find the mornings in Cradle are quite busy (relatively speaking), so I find this very unlikley.

I'm also suspicious, but as I posted above (I think?), I've been run off the road by a taxi, and had beer thrown at me from okes in a car, both in the Cradle, on a weekday morning. It only takes a minute or so of opportunity....

Has anyone asked the cycle insurer lot for more info?

Edited by Fat Boab

I've emailed the journo to ask whether she verified the story from additional sources, and whether she has additional information. Will revert as and when.

I've emailed the journo to ask whether she verified the story from additional sources, and whether she has additional information. Will revert as and when.

Thanks for that!

The restraint in this thread is amazing.  Everyone cautiously asking questions and waiting for more information before making conclusions.

Thanks for that!

The restraint in this thread is amazing.  Everyone cautiously asking questions and waiting for more information before making conclusions.

But it's Friday, so cry havoc.....! :ph34r:

On a vaguely serious, but perhaps also selfish note, I live virtually on the Cradle and ride there several times a week at all hours, often solo. If there genuinely are dudes assaulting cyclists in this manner, I'd like to know about it to consider taking precautions. If it's a piece of Chinese-whispers, or something other, then similarly I'd like to know.

If anyone else feels likewise, perhaps you could take the A to speak to Cycle Sure directly to solicit more information, so we can share here? I'm happy following up with the journo, as I've done so, or can hand that off to Milosh?

The truck accident which broke both Derek's ankles and could have killed 20+ cyclist on the Wednesday Engen ride on William Nicol also didn't make thehub... so hence the / my patience.

The truck accident which broke both Derek's ankles and could have killed 20+ cyclist on the Wednesday Engen ride on William Nicol also didn't make thehub... so hence the / my patience.

Correct, but it made Facebook, Twitter and all 10 of my different cycling WhatsAp groups, all first hand accounts, and it was not posted by a Truck Brakepad company.