New MTB Rim advice

Jehosefat

So I had a little (somewhat less than gentle) lie down recently and I need to replace my rear rim. I'm currently running the standard Syncros XR2.0 rim that came with the bike (Scott Spark 910 2017) but I'm seeing this as an opportunity to upgrade to wider rims and I'm looking for some advice. I would like to keep my current hubs so I need 28 hole rims. I'm about 80kg for reference. And the rims need to be 29".

What would you guys recommend?

Edited by Jehosefat

Rapide 25mm or 30mm. Cheaper decent option. Seeing as though you are in JHB you can take your buggered wheel to Wayne and have it rebuilt using his rims  ;)

...well that is if he has a 28 hole option...or just swap the hubs out too for stronger 32 hole variants as mentioned above  :thumbup:

Edited by Mr lee

While you are at it....do both rims!!! You will be happy you did!

There is a reason the 2018 sparks have 25mm id rims  ;) ...it's the future  :thumbup:

Edited by Mr lee

Thanks for the input everyone :)

What Droo said - but ditch the hubs and get 32 spokes.

In that case, which hubs would you recommend?

While you are at it....do both rims!!! You will be happy you did!

There is a reason the 2018 sparks have 25mm id rims  ;) ...it's the future  :thumbup:

Oh, I'm absolutely doing both rims :)

Would be a bit silly to just do 1.

Hah now you have opened a can of worms. Thought you were gonna get a simple answer and now you gotta wade through 154445 more choices of wheelset or hub-rim combos.

It is a lekker can of worms though. Best of luck with your choosing.

IMO if you want to go budget (not too wide) the CWC sale on the American Classic AM28 wheelset @ R3500

If you want the bees knees, go with the CWC special Arch rims on Hope Pro4 Evo hubs @ R5500