Giro d'Italia 2018: The Most Beautiful Grand Tour

'Dale

So to get past the travel day I've taken the following steps... 

1) listened to thecyclingpostcast.com reviews of the first 3 stages

2) moved into Lance Armstrong's The Move Podcast for exactly the same stages

Done that pretty quick. So decided to take a proactive move after groundhog daying the first two. There is only so much you can say different about the same stages which were a TT and 2 pretty flat sprinters stages in the desert.

3) Tossing up paying coin for the Friends of the podcast episodes on thecyclingpostcast.com and diverging away from the Giro and go back to the classics, Cassoulet and more. 

or 

4) watching some classic Hinault / Lemond or Lemond / Fignon Tour stages or find the classic Andy Hampsten Giro stage and go play that in the background. 

You can always go and ride your bike..

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nope, have deadlines lined up one after another up for today, 1 developer and junior designer sick / gone awol, it's raining, need to find an awesome xhosa girl to be a SM community manager (like now), a pitch to get done for tomorrow and once that is dusted I'm actually hoping to take Wednesday / Thursday / Friday off to play bikes in the wilderness for giggles. 

http://www.steephill.tv/2018/giro-d-italia/photos/stage-03/305-CORVOS_00029526-050.jpg

it's at this point that Bennett throws the dice.

By some fluke there is no one on his left hand side, otherwise there is minimum 10 okes hitting the deck.

i know it subjective and obviously outcomes based, but Sagan got thrown out of the tour for something way way way less dangerous

it's at this point that Bennett throws the dice.

By some fluke there is no one on his left hand side, otherwise there is minimum 10 okes hitting the deck.

i know it subjective and obviously outcomes based, but Sagan got thrown out of the tour for something way way way less dangerous

I have no idea how Bennet escaped sanction for taking Vivi all the way from the left until almost the right barrier before snaking back to the middle of the road.

UCI says "straightest line to the finish", I'll give Bennet some room to "make Vivi go the long way around" but a whole road width deserves a proper sanction.

The only reason he escaped is because nobody got hurt I reckon. If Vivi went into the barriers Bennet would be on his way home now...

Had to laugh at the commentators....." and the stunning scenery"  seriously!

I have no idea how Bennet escaped sanction for taking Vivi all the way from the left until almost the right barrier before snaking back to the middle of the road.

UCI says "straightest line to the finish", I'll give Bennet some room to "make Vivi go the long way around" but a whole road width deserves a proper sanction.

The only reason he escaped is because nobody got hurt I reckon. If Vivi went into the barriers Bennet would be on his way home now...

Had Viviani not won QS would def have put in a dispute and he would've received a sanction of some sort.

My questions still..what happened to the supposed TV refs they were going to have at the GTs?

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Had Viviani not won QS would def have put in a dispute and he would've received a sanction of some sort.

My questions still..what happened to the supposed TV refs they were going to have at the GTs?

Agreed!

Had to laugh at the commentators....." and the stunning scenery"  seriously!

Apparently they had a second helicopter at the coast so the director could cut away to some interesting shots rather than the endless sea if sand. Only thing was the race was no where near that coast. Creative licence for the viewers. 

After listening to the Lance Armstrong podcast I wonder if they have been brought to the race / get some client funds by the authorities or the business man who is pushing the race as the general view point is from those episodes are 'everything is awesome here, just wonderful, no problems, great food, awesome scenery, awesome people, great sushi, wonderful beaches, great for the country, great for the people here, peace, love, boobies on stage 3 and happiness.'

They were all too busy reviewing that incident that occurred with 78km to go.

The knobhead that I am, planned my rest day on their travel day....  now Ill be forced to watch Master Chef or something equally ridiculous. 

They were all too busy reviewing that incident that occurred with 78km to go.

[emoji23][emoji23] suppose they had to review that incident a few times..and then a few more times.

From a riders point of view it must have been very boring scenery. With that tailwind I dont think they had much time to do a lot of sight seeing.

I though it was pretty cool, especially the B-roll from the choppers. Really did look like something from Mars

Apparently...this is why he didn't receive a penalty.

https://twitter.com/laflammerouge16/status/993364518616162304?s=19

Not so sure if that is correct.. it was an unsafe sprint..well from were I was sitting it sure looked to be...had it been Bouhani he would probably be at home already

That's opening a dangerous door. Same thing happened in F1 - lead driver would just zig zag to stop overtaking. Now they have a rule against zigzagging.

From a riders point of view it must have been very boring scenery. With that tailwind I dont think they had much time to do a lot of sight seeing.

Guess you did not see the girls next to the road flashing the bunch.   :whistling:  :clap:

Guess you did not see the girls next to the road flashing the bunch.   :whistling:  :clap:

I didnt  :eek:

Archived