Giro d'Italia 2018: The Most Beautiful Grand Tour

'Dale

4 seconds per km is the estimated advantage Tummy D has over Yates twin over a relatively flat time-trial course

Are they just saying it because that is exactly what Tummy D needs to wipe out the advantage.

2min11s Currently

4s x 34.2km = 2min16s

Either way, everybody agrees that it is going to be very much all square after today between Simon and Tom. Unless something dramatic happens in either direction.

The real questions are going to be asked and answered in the mountain stages to come: Who's gonna pop..?!

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Are they just saying it because that is exactly what Tummy D needs to wipe out the advantage.

2min11s Currently

4s x 34.2km = 2min16s

Either way, everybody agrees that it is going to be very much all square after today between Simon and Tom. Unless something dramatic happens in either direction.

The real questions are going to be asked and answered in the mountain stages to come: Who's gonna pop..?!

The estimation is based on the opening time trial, I reckon.

Can't remember where I read or heard the stat'.

21 riders have finished so far, Mads Pederson sitting at the top for time being:

PEDERSEN Mads DEN TREK - SEGAFREDO TFS 41:04

52 riders have finished, Tony Pantzerwagen sitting on the top currently. Surely the 40min mark will be broken soon...?

MARTIN Tony GER TEAM KATUSHA ALPECIN TKA 40:14 +00:00 1

VAN EMDEN Jos NED TEAM LOTTO NL - JUMBO TLJ 40:27 +00:13 2

DOWSETT Alex GBR TEAM KATUSHA ALPECIN TKA 40:40 +00:26 3

EDIT:Formatting

Martin is not to be denied, storming home in 40:14 to lead by 13 seconds – the German hasn’t won a time trial since last June, and he’s never won a stage at the Giro, but he rolled back the years there.

2min11s Currently

4s x 34.2km = 2min16s

This will keep the GIRO even more interesting than it already is  :thumbup:  4s per kilo sounds a lot, I guess Yates will give all he has...but then again Tom will too....time will tell.

Yates will come into the finish somewhere around 17h10 SAST today, make sure you get to your tellies in time.

Not for long..

Tony had the benefit of riding the past couple of days at a more sedate pace than the GC rivals. I wouldn't be too surprised if he takes it, but Tom is sure to give it a good go for the Maglia Rosa and Tony might be a casualty because of it.

Fabio Aru only 7s down on Tony Martin at Checkpoint 1  :huh:

His mum had a word with him last night.

Archived