Are Raleigh bicycles from Makro still a bad idea

ravz86

Those Makro jobbies are heavy propably weighs more than an e-bike. The bike would be perfect on the road as just a commuter but only limited.

On the other side of the coin there are a lot of commuters on these bikes that do not worry about the weight, the components etc. as long as it works. For these persons it might be ok but if you need to do some serious riding there are other "cheaper" options that is slightly better but only at certain bike shops like Cajees.

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Dunno, about availability in SA, but I am sure this one sure is wicked!!!

Which Makro stocks that model.................. :ph34r:  ;)

http://community.raleighusa.com/sites/default/files/styles/bike_gallery/public/images/bike-archive/bike-detail/RA15_XXIX_Red.jpeg?itok=5eSPbjv3

Now that's a real Makro special... no pedals, dodgy looking chain, fork on back to front...aaand what looks like stell frame...what is the world coming to?

Now that's a real Makro special... no pedals, dodgy looking chain, fork on back to front...aaand what looks like stell frame...what is the world coming to?

at least the shifting is smooth  :ph34r:

If an SS shifts, you're in trouble.

all my SS bikes have had 3 x gears...sometimes shifting is smooth, sometimes not so smooth

No Jokkie either.

all my SS bikes have had 3 x gears...sometimes shifting is smooth, sometimes not so smooth

:huh:  Now you confuse me. I thought the definition of single speed is, well single speed.

:huh:  Now you confuse me. I thought the definition of single speed is, well single speed.

do you own or have you owned a SS?

Dafuk? How do you do smooth shifting? Mine normally entails a bunch of big words, some jagged reflexes and a hop or two...

Sitting, Standing, Walking.... 3 gears on a SS ;)

do you own or have you owned a SS?

Dafuk? How do you do smooth shifting? Mine normally entails a bunch of big words, some jagged reflexes and a hop or two...

takes a little co-ordination to get the gearing right.

Gear 1: Sitting and peddaling

Gear 2: Standing and peddaling

Gear 3: Walking

This happened on Monday, in the big thunderstorm as well....

Then I only had standing and walking.

post-50-0-95983500-1512046576_thumb.jpg

Now the Makro SS has a fourth: Swearing ;)

This happened on Monday, in the big thunderstorm as well....

Then I only had standing and walking.

Had that happen to be too before ... shove a glove in a water bottle and turn this over the post for a temp solution ... not recommended for any trail that is not smooth :P

Archived