Advice on Divorce

New Landy new life

Ja but they are not competing against him.

You will be surprised how those oaks attract the fairer sex as safe friends with no benefits.

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You will be surprised how those oaks attract the fairer sex as safe friends with no benefits.

Known the world around as Fag Hags.

Too late to edit that.. I saw the original post..happy days[emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji6]

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

I never saw the post... Or was it something that should not be repeated lest one jinx it?

I never saw the post... Or was it something that should not be repeated lest one jinx it?

Suspected drunk post...."smitten" .. or something like that[emoji6][emoji39]

thought it was something baseball related, striked out or home run... not appropriate for a cycling forum

Rather smitten than bitten, as my Granny used to say.

The time of that edit says it all.

Reminds me: At pizza night we always had one guy who used to whine and moan about his ex wife. Then one Monday he arrives with a big sh*t eating grin on his face and a bounce in his step. It took about 5 seconds for the guys to work out he had found a new honey and got some action over the weekend. 

A changed man after that....

And of you get him on your side, he is better than any wingman.

He only has her best interest at heart. The trick is to become her best interest on his eyes.

Yip. 

Best way to do that? Be yourself. Unless being yourself means being a dick, in which case change how you behave. 

All part of the healing process imo. Duane is right. You are likely to get excited cause some honey is acting interested. It makes you feel desirable and also makes you realise you aren't in for a life of solitude.

However it will teach you the skills you are going to need again.

Its like being a pimply youth who finally gets a date. You are probably going to blow it because you rush things (like you did when you were 113/15/17). But you learn quickly.

WTF. Depends on you personally but you can also take sometimes and get your needs met. Its not always about giving but if you have a wild 3 months withs some new honey who fascinates you now then its lekker and you will be ready to move from your hardtail to your Full sus ride cause you now can ride (to add an mtb analogy).

If you go full sus straight up you miss those vital skills (although its always fun to take a hardtail for a burn - sorry couldn't resist - its Friday)

This, I could not word it better myself. Except to add that it was a privilege (& awesome :blush: ) to have a second go at it as an adult.

• 2 weeks later...

So the ex dropped a bomb on me the other week by stating that she is looking at emigrating to New Zealand. Obviously the kids will go with her. She claims to have had enough of this country.

She is good at what she does and reckons there is a demand for what she does, plus is tired of coughing up for pvt schools, med aid, security etc. Not a new whinge by any means, but very new for her. Plus I think the last 2 years of living on a large plot as a single mom will add to the woes.

She has asked me for a affidavit saying I have no issue with her taking the kids over there and obtaining visas.

*** thing is where does it now leave me? In my industry I can work anywhere and often in involves a lot of travel and its all the same game from one country to the next but is built on a network of referrals and mostly freelance based so I think that could pose a few issues.

I really dont want to let them lose sight of me so if she is 'all systems go' then I will really considering following, or at least moving to the UK ( I have a passport and family there) and could make a wedge more there as a single simple living man and afford the travel to the see my kids.

Either way the thought of them being so far away is heartbreaking..