Advice on Divorce

New Landy new life

Hope all you divorced Hubbers are enjoying better times. 

I'm also currently going through the process. I'm married out of community of property with no accruals. Thankfully there are no kids involved.

After funding my wives business I'm about as close to bankruptcy as I think a guy can get and this has been compounded by all the recent interest rate increases. I have nothing but a little asset value left i my house.

Does anyone know what happens when the settlement agreement goes absolutely nowhere? I simply cant afford to come close to meeting her requirements. I'm already relying on family handouts just to rent an apartment for myself which is a bit depressing to say the least.

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

4 hours ago, @ndy said:

Hope all you divorced Hubbers are enjoying better times. 

I'm also currently going through the process. I'm married out of community of property with no accruals. Thankfully there are no kids involved.

After funding my wives business I'm about as close to bankruptcy as I think a guy can get and this has been compounded by all the recent interest rate increases. I have nothing but a little asset value left i my house.

Does anyone know what happens when the settlement agreement goes absolutely nowhere? I simply cant afford to come close to meeting her requirements. I'm already relying on family handouts just to rent an apartment for myself which is a bit depressing to say the least.

What is needed to be settled?

Good luck and best wishes. Divorce is traumatic no matter the circumstances. But ultimately worth it in many cases. 

6 minutes ago, IceCreamMan said:

What is needed to be settled?

Good luck and best wishes. Divorce is traumatic no matter the circumstances. But ultimately worth it in many cases. 

Thanks ICM

I’m not sure what she is entitled to but she is asking to take a a lot of items from the house which is mostly fine by me even though she hasn’t contributed much towards them.

She wants the car registered in my name which she drives that is financed for more than it’s worth and a lump sum which I don’t have. So it’s very hard to see how I’ll ever get an agreement. Meanwhile she’s living rent free in my house while I rent a flat so I cannot wait forever. So it’s really worrying how long these things can drag out yet hard to see how we will ever agree on an anything. 

1 minute ago, @ndy said:

Thanks ICM

I’m not sure what she is entitled to but she is asking to take a a lot of items from the house which is mostly fine by me even though she hasn’t contributed much towards them.

She wants the car registered in my name which she drives that is financed for more than it’s worth and a lump sum which I don’t have. So it’s very hard to see how I’ll ever get an agreement. Meanwhile she’s living rent free in my house while I rent a flat so I cannot wait forever. So it’s really worrying how long these things can drag out yet hard to see how we will ever agree on an anything. 

Bud. Best advice I can give you is lawyer up if not done so. 

having an ANC should mean you do not owe each other anything however it’s not always cast in stone. If I was you I would move back and take the car. It’s yours. (Financed). 

dude, sounds like you getting ****** here. 

Yeah I have a good very expensive lawyer. He’s confident but I’m still nervous. I’m already trying to save money and talk less about some of the details. The first time we spoke I spent a few hundred rand hearing about how much he loved his new E bike.

2 hours ago, @ndy said:

Yeah I have a good very expensive lawyer. He’s confident but I’m still nervous. I’m already trying to save money and talk less about some of the details. The first time we spoke I spent a few hundred rand hearing about how much he loved his new E bike.

Good luck dude. I have not kept track of divorce in za for many years so take it like that. Sounds like yr ex out to shaft you. 

whars the point of contracts really? 

good luck. 

• 1 month later...

found this interview (Actually all this guys interviews) to be really interesting