Bike Hub weight loss challenge 2018

BigDL

Instead of a GF, get a lekker cast iron skillet for your searing / shallow frying. Cheap, bloody useful and they last for EVER. Fat is not bad... 

Snap

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Battling to get a hold of what gets eaten. Going to have to come up with a meal type plan to just try and get into a routine of good food agai.

To many biscuits and little snacky stuff at coffee shops with all the meetings.

You can do it, Terry!

me and my wife bought ourselves a gas braai in December, Now we braai almost every night and roast our vedgies on the braai aswell , works like a dream and is delicious! Another plus point is no kitchen cleaning ????

Battling to get a hold of what gets eaten. Going to have to come up with a meal type plan to just try and get into a routine of good food agai.

To many biscuits and little snacky stuff at coffee shops with all the meetings.

That's why I log everything...EVERYTHING...that goes in my mouth into MyFitnessPal. It's a bit of a pain (and is driving my wife a bit nuts when I insist on capturing what she put into supper before I'll eat it), but it has stopped the "free and forgotten" eating during the day.

I've also found that I plan the next days eating every evening: breakfast, morning snack, lunch, afternoon snack and what I'll eat during my ride. Just supper I leave enough calories available for whatever gets made for supper (I don't want to be thin and single  :whistling: ).

That way when I'm hungry I know what I can eat and I have it with me...

Like now - time for coffee, yoghurt and a banana...

That's why I log everything...EVERYTHING...that goes in my mouth into MyFitnessPal. It's a bit of a pain (and is driving my wife a bit nuts when I insist on capturing what she put into supper before I'll eat it), but it has stopped the "free and forgotten" eating during the day.

I've also found that I plan the next days eating every evening: breakfast, morning snack, lunch, afternoon snack and what I'll eat during my ride. Just supper I leave enough calories available for whatever gets made for supper (I don't want to be thin and single :whistling: ).

I’m the same on the logging. Family are used to it now after 5 years of periodic spells of MyFitnessPal

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I've also found that I plan the next days eating every evening: breakfast, morning snack, lunch, afternoon snack and what I'll eat during my ride. Just supper I leave enough calories available for whatever gets made for supper (I don't want to be thin and single  :whistling: ).

I think I should go back to having a morning and afternoon snack, the thing is, I'm not in the mood for a banana and an apple for a snack - I had that for 9 months when I lost weight in 2015, and I'm not a huge fan of apples. Maybe a few strawberries and nectarines, ie: one nectarine and a few strawberries for a snack.

I think I should go back to having a morning and afternoon snack, the thing is, I'm not in the mood for a banana and an apple for a snack - I had that for 9 months when I lost weight in 2015, and I'm not a huge fan of apples. Maybe a few strawberries and nectarines, ie: one nectarine and a few strawberries for a snack.

Just stay away from pineapple, the calories in that are so high, which sucks because I love pineapple.

The strategy of pre planning works really well for quitting smoking!  If you leave it to chance as to what you are going to do when you have a craving for a smoke - you smoke!  if you have an exit strategy - i.e chewing gum then you at least go to that first!

For my snacking habits - I have cleared my office of any "bad snacks"  and make sure I have my nuts and fruit ready for the day with me - otherwise the vending machine wins every time - I also struggle though when I get home as there is a fridge and pantry! but again pre planning - like eating an apple in the car on the drive home stops the munchies on arrival at home and reduces chances of snacking on high calorie rubbish 

The strategy of pre planning works really well for quitting smoking!  If you leave it to chance as to what you are going to do when you have a craving for a smoke - you smoke!  if you have an exit strategy - i.e chewing gum then you at least go to that first!

For my snacking habits - I have cleared my office of any "bad snacks"  and make sure I have my nuts and fruit ready for the day with me - otherwise the vending machine wins every time - I also struggle though when I get home as there is a fridge and pantry! but again pre planning - like eating an apple in the car on the drive home stops the munchies on arrival at home and reduces chances of snacking on high calorie rubbish 

It's been 17 days since I haven't had a cig, but I've got a vape as a crutch, lol. Want to eventually go without the vape.

It's been 17 days since I haven't had a cig, but I've got a vape as a crutch, lol. Want to eventually go without the vape.

My crutch is nicorettes. Still chew them... Expensive so I need to give them up aswell.

I must say that MyFitnessPal has really helped me to understand just what I'm eating, and its been a lot easier to maintain than I thought it would be