Bike Hub weight loss challenge 2018

BigDL

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The problem is the thirsty/social/relaxed liquid calories add up really quickly...and are often forgotten about because they're not "food".

I still have the odd drink - a G&T (with sugar free tonic though) on Saturday evening, but not the best idea to add beers on top of that restaurant burger...

What is often a bigger problem with alcohol than the hidden calories it contains, when trying to lose weight, is the fact that alcohol consumption releases dopamine. Dopamine, the feel good chemical, in moderate amounts off course is good for your health because when you are feeling good about yourself you are more likely to make good decisions regarding your health and wellbeing. However, consuming a few units of alcohol to quickly will flood your system with to much dopamine. All of a sudden you are feeling so good about yourself that you are actually losing your inhibitions. Now it is not so easy to make the right decisions any more. You might still know that the high carb and fatty bar snacks or that extra half of pizza is not good for you, but somehow it keeps disappearing down your pie hole. Before you even start to feel intoxicated, and almost without noticing, you might throw 2000+ junk calories down your throat.

What is often a bigger problem with alcohol than the hidden calories it contains, when trying to lose weight, is the fact that alcohol consumption releases dopamine. Dopamine, the feel good chemical, in moderate amounts off course is good for your health because when you are feeling good about yourself you are more likely to make good decisions regarding your health and wellbeing. However, consuming a few units of alcohol to quickly will flood your system with to much dopamine. All of a sudden you are feeling so good about yourself that you are actually losing your inhibitions. Now it is not so easy to make the right decisions any more. You might still know that the high carb and fatty bar snacks or that extra half of pizza is not good for you, but somehow it keeps disappearing down your pie hole. Before you even start to feel intoxicated, and almost without noticing, you might throw 2000+ junk calories down your throat.

My normal story - prepare a nice lean steak, chicken and mealie meal. Light the fire to cook it. Two or three beers, just to enjoy while I wait for the fire. Ahhhh, Biltong is good for you, so I’ll have a bit with this next beer. Biltong makes me thirsty, let me have some more beer. Really hungry, a few crisps can’t hurt can they. Quick beer because I can’t eat crisps and not drink beer. Vok, I have had so much junk I may as well make a day of it. Cook the food, but throw some wors on as well, and a braai broodjie. Let’s make some milk tart for after, and some ice cream............

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

On Trainerroad i see a value after my workout of 526 kj(Cal). Is that the value that i must enter into MFP, for daily excercise. The formule according google to convert calories to kilojoules is to multiply by 4,184. Please clever people help me......

On Trainerroad i see a value after my workout of 526 kj(Cal). Is that the value that i must enter into MFP, for daily excercise. The formule according google to convert calories to kilojoules is to multiply by 4,184. Please clever people help me......

Don't add exercise to MFP. It screws with your daily intake targets and makes it hard to judge your intake.

My normal story - prepare a nice lean steak, chicken and mealie meal. Light the fire to cook it. Two or three beers, just to enjoy while I wait for the fire. Ahhhh, Biltong is good for you, so I’ll have a bit with this next beer. Biltong makes me thirsty, let me have some more beer. Really hungry, a few crisps can’t hurt can they. Quick beer because I can’t eat crisps and not drink beer. Vok, I have had so much junk I may as well make a day of it. Cook the food, but throw some wors on as well, and a braai broodjie. Let’s make some milk tart for after, and some ice cream............

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Ag no man now you made me hungry

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

Just got back from a 10km run. 34cdeb53cf3bbbf44f13c4fdfdcd9907.jpg

Nice going [emoji106]

10km could be doable for me, but aiming to do 5km three days a week of road running, then I'll see what my body says about doing a trail run on the weekends.

Sent from my EVA-L09 using Tapatalk

Nice going [emoji106]

10km could be doable for me, but aiming to do 5km three days a week of road running, then I'll see what my body says about doing a trail run on the weekends.

Sent from my EVA-L09 using Tapatalk

Ja take it slow first and let your body adapt. High pace is not the critical, rather getting some miles in without injury.

Thank goodness I'm down 1.5 kg's, did not think I would be able to lose weight withut exercise - had a light ladder dismount and and can only start training again next week but gave up on soome very good craft beers and this must have helped Now only 9 more to go

Did a 20km ride at 3.30 this afternoon with the temp sitting at 35 deg. After 5 km my feet were on fire in my shoes from the heat off the the black tar . Luckily i ride a short circuit going past my house so i stopped and soaked my shoes with the hose . I managed to complete my other 15km without stopping again .  Out of curiosity i weighed myself and was at 101 .8.kg .I might have to adjust my goal weigh for end Jan but for know it looks like ill make my 100kg . 

post-111826-0-99023500-1515437476_thumb.jpg

Edited by FirstV8

Did a 20km ride at 3.30 this afternoon with the temp sitting at 35 deg. After 5 km my feet were on fire in my shoes from the heat off the the black tar . Luckily i ride a short circuit going past my house so i stopped and soaked my shoes with the hose . I managed to complete my other 15km without stopping again . Out of curiosity i weighed myself and was at 101 .8.kg .I might have to adjust my goal weigh for end Jan but for know it looks like ill make my 100kg .

Awesome bud,well done on sticking it out. 100kg is in clear view for you. Keep it up (not the weight hehe).