Bike Hub weight loss challenge 2018

BigDL

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok fine.

I gained weight. Albeit over the past 10 years. About 1kg per year. So no one really noticed.

Untill sometime last year I wanted to buy a new shirt...I went into the fitting room and shocked myself into a different blood group.

In 2007 I weighed about 84'ish kg. December 2017 I weighed 96'ish.

After the festive season, I found an eating plan in an old womans health magazine. Yes, I decided to eat like a girl.

With a few tweaks here and there in the eating plan, for the first time in 10 years, I got my weight to start with an 8 and not a 9. (89.35kg on Saturday).

And I added 17 watt to my ftp.

So, I have a photo somehwere I took in I think October 2017. Once I hit my goal weight (83'ish) I will post the before and after pics.

Holding thumbs.

Ok fine.

I gained weight. Albeit over the past 10 years. About 1kg per year. So no one really noticed.

Untill sometime last year I wanted to buy a new shirt...I went into the fitting room and shocked myself into a different blood group.

In 2007 I weighed about 84'ish kg. December 2017 I weighed 96'ish.

After the festive season, I found an eating plan in an old womans health magazine. Yes, I decided to eat like a girl.

With a few tweaks here and there in the eating plan, for the first time in 10 years, I got my weight to start with an 8 and not a 9. (89.35kg on Saturday).

And I added 17 watt to my ftp.

So, I have a photo somehwere I took in I think October 2017. Once I hit my goal weight (83'ish) I will post the before and after pics.

Holding thumbs.

I'm going to do a before pic after the Chiro is finished with my spine. At the moment I'm feeling and looking a bit more straight, but I want to be looking lekker straight before I do a before pic.

Sent from my EVA-L09 using Tapatalk

Man, battling to get rid of those nice little snacks when you take your daughter for a ride/surf/walk or shopping trip for new shoes.

Also, when waiting for the kettle to boil I am always looking for a snack, and the self control just goes out the window.

So now I have a bag of mints. One mint while waiting for the kettle to boil :)

Still stuck on 94.

Man, battling to get rid of those nice little snacks when you take your daughter for a ride/surf/walk or shopping trip for new shoes.

Also, when waiting for the kettle to boil I am always looking for a snack, and the self control just goes out the window.

So now I have a bag of mints. One mint while waiting for the kettle to boil :)

Still stuck on 94.

Also battling at the moment. Started the year on 99.6, was at 97.8 when I weighed myself on the 8th. I was 97.3 on Saturday, although I've just weighed myself now and I'm a straight 98, though I've just had dinner. The last time I did any proper exercise was on the 9th, so going to see if I lose anymore weight on diet alone until the Chiro has done what he needs to do.

I would have like to join/continue on this group this year as I was doing so well up until August/September last year. I was probably in the best shape of my life wrt fitness and muscle etc., but now I have been told to pick up weight, apparently between 12.5-16kgs ........not a blerrie hell, I am going for 10kg's+ max.

I will join the Weight loss challenge after end-June in full force for sure! Will need some motivation. :unsure:

Weekend away with friends near Clarens unfortunately put an end to my dry January resolution. At least I stayed off the booze for 13 days! Had some wine and a beer, how can one visit Clarens without sampling some of the local brewery's fine amber liquid! Stayed away from other forms of carbs, no bread, potatoes and the like. Actually managed to loose a few hundred grams, even with the cheating (the alcohol). The cycling through Golden Gate in the mornings, and the short hikes in the mountains with the friends must have helped. Still motivated for the rest of the month and year. Starting a new 30 day alcohol free period as from today!

This year has started well. Controlling my intake (mostly) and riding a crapload more than any previous year so far. 

Twice-weekly road or Table Mountain MTB rides (tough bastards) with a weekend long one when I don't have the lightie. When I do have the lightie, I'll have another ride on the Wednesday so that I get 3 rides in, and then on those weekends I want to start hiking with him again. 

Weight - no idea. Don't have a scale yet. But I think most of December's excess thanks to stress eating & drinking has been overcome. 

I have no clue what is going on. I’m eating properly and working out 4 days a week and I’ve managed to gain weight.

I have no clue what is going on. I’m eating properly and working out 4 days a week and I’ve managed to gain weight.

What are you eating and what workouts are you doing?

Also, did you up the exercise a lot?

I've heard people complain about gaining at first as the body gets used to it.

Have you taken your waist measurement before you started? Perhaps you are putting on muscle and losing fat around the waist.

Have you taken your waist measurement before you started? Perhaps you are putting on muscle and losing fat around the waist.

I was also thinking of muscle [emoji848]

Breakfast: oats, banana, honey, beetroot, carrot, flax and chia, 2 strawberriesmilk, low fat greek yogurt and ginger.

Snack: 2 fruit

Lunch: Either tuna, 2 eggs, or 100g of cheese with two low carb wraps.

Dinner: meat with veg

Workout: 30min weights 30min run

Edited by Pieter1

Also, did you up the exercise a lot?

I've heard people complain about gaining at first as the body gets used to it.

I used to. Stopped mid November last year. I did not measure my waist. I did have a pair of pants that would not fit. I’ll try those on.

Breakfast: oats, banana, honey, beetroot, carrot, flax and chia, 2 strawberriesmilk, low fat greek yogurt and ginger.

Snack: 2 fruit

Lunch: Either tuna, 2 eggs, or 100g of cheese with two low carb wraps.

Dinner: meat with veg

Workout: 30min weights 30min run

The food sounds okay. Perhaps try oats for breakfast, two pieces of fruit for a mid morning snack, something like a small to medium portion of spaghetti bolognese, two pieces of fruit for a mid afternoon snack, and meat and salad for dinner.

Drink water if you're feeling hungry in between. Have you cut out sugar?

Everyones body is different though, that's just what I consumed to lose weight in 2015.

Also is it light weight training you're doing? Maybe try 45 minutes of running and 15 minutes of light weight training? I could be wrong so perhaps one of the clever people will have a better answer.