Bike Hub weight loss challenge 2018

BigDL

Still 86 some change. Since getting down to the 80's, I haven't lost much and I haven't gained much - it's been like a yoyo. From 87 some change to 86 some change to 85 some change, then back up to 87 some change then down again to 86 some change.

I've given up on Tae Bo because I find it monotonous, so busy putting some dosh aside for an indoor trainer.

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Still 86 some change. Since getting down to the 80's, I haven't lost much and I haven't gained much - it's been like a yoyo. From 87 some change to 86 some change to 85 some change, then back up to 87 some change then down again to 86 some change.

I've given up on Tae Bo because I find it monotonous, so busy putting some dosh aside for an indoor trainer.

If you find tae-bo monotonous, you'll die on an IDT

My body seems to be holding on to whatever weight I gained over the Easter weekend away. I just can't seem to get it off. It's been frustrating, and I'm trying to remember that it's not a linear process. My eating has been pretty on point, I'm in gym 3-4 times a week and getting on the bike over the weekend.

I haven't been sleeping all that much though, and stress at work is also not helping. I've actually set a reminder on my phone to get to bed earlier so I've been getting more than 7 hours a night since Sunday.

Guess it's back to tracking calories, and trying to reduce stress at the office, which isn't going to be helped by a massive deadline for month end...

In front of the TV with psytrance pumping through the earphones?

Was going to post this

In front of the TV with psytrance pumping through the earphones?

I dont know, in your opinion how do you rate that compared to sex?

Was going to post this

Well I haven't tried the whole IDT thing in front of the TV while listening to psytrance yet, but I will give a full report when I do.

seems like you've stabilised and the fluctuations you're seeing is water retention/loss. Switch something up in either your exercise or diet and you should see a difference... IMO....

Well I haven't tried the whole IDT thing in front of the TV while listening to psytrance yet, but I will give a full report when I do.

Was going to post this

If you can manage sex whilst on the IDT in front of the TV, then go for it! But maybe psytrance is safer...... :whistling:

seems like you've stabilised and the fluctuations you're seeing is water retention/loss. Switch something up in either your exercise or diet and you should see a difference... IMO....

Makes sense

Well I am now at the point which I haved postponed for many years. I was hoping I could train it away although I have it in bold letters at the top of my training log that you cannot do it

It is the single most frightening thing to do in my life. It is the thing which I have tried so many times in the past to do but I have never succeeded.

I know that I have to do it as I know it is the one item which stands between me and being able to ride better. It is concerning that I was able to cut down on my beer and wine consumption but this beast I have yet to bring under control. For 58 years of my life (obviously I have to assume it was so from birth as I have as long as I remember craved this thing) it was in control of me.

I did over 4000 km last year (after I started again after a 15 year or so lay off) but my weight is not dropping. It did go down from 106 to about 98 but now I am stuck.

Sorry for the long and drama Queen way of putting it but I am trying to explain the war that is going on in me.

It is simple: I HAVE TO CUT DOWN ON SUGAR AND COKE AND BAR ONE and other chocs.

This is going to be my challange for the next 3 weeks to break the habit. I think for me it is the same as being addicted to alcohol or nicotine or drugs for that matter.

As of tomorrow I am going cold turkey. It is time!!

Well I am now at the point which I haved postponed for many years. I was hoping I could train it away although I have it in bold letters at the top of my training log that you cannot do it

It is the single most frightening thing to do in my life. It is the thing which I have tried so many times in the past to do but I have never succeeded.

I know that I have to do it as I know it is the one item which stands between me and being able to ride better. It is concerning that I was able to cut down on my beer and wine consumption but this beast I have yet to bring under control. For 58 years of my life (obviously I have to assume it was so from birth as I have as long as I remember craved this thing) it was in control of me.

I did over 4000 km last year (after I started again after a 15 year or so lay off) but my weight is not dropping. It did go down from 106 to about 98 but now I am stuck.

Sorry for the long and drama Queen way of putting it but I am trying to explain the war that is going on in me.

It is simple: I HAVE TO CUT DOWN ON SUGAR AND COKE AND BAR ONE and other chocs.

This is going to be my challange for the next 3 weeks to break the habit. I think for me it is the same as being addicted to alcohol or nicotine or drugs for that matter.

As of tomorrow I am going cold turkey. It is time!!

Sterkte Johan en vasbyt!!

Pretty much the same story as Johan...

Last 2 weeks I was really disciplined with the eating and did regular training sessions as well. 

It is just as if my body is in this sort of balanced state where i just cant drop the last 1.5kgs :(

I was eating very 'balanced' up to now and focused only on calories. Think it is time to pull out the zero carbs, sugar & beer card to reach the finish line weight...

Finally getting some progress!

Combination of eating better, started tracking calories again and cycling a lot (for me) over the last 3 days and the scale is finally moving in the right direction. 

Aim now - finish April lighter than I started March, and I would deem myself back on track.

Finally have my weight within my normal bmi range. It’s taken a while.

Now I need to reduce my body fat percentage to 15%. It’s currently sitting at 20.3. With the majority of fat sitting in the trunk. The limbs appear ok.

Visceral fat levels are ok as well so overall I am happy with my progress.

Will be starting an 8 week challenge next week with my local F45 gym that has a great nutrition plan and I will regularly go for body composition scans to check progress.

Here is my start report.

5782d97785fddabce7c7c3e67ccf4bc1.jpg