Bike Hub weight loss challenge 2018

BigDL

Feedback after week 1. Down 2.3 kg. OK I know most is probably water, but at least the weight is not going up any more. I am not really dieting at the moment, just eating much more healthy. Since 31 December I cut the following completely from my diet: No bread, rusks, biscuits, pasta, potatoes etc. What I am most chuffed about is that I haven't had a drop of alcohol since 31 December! Must say, it was quite tough Friday and Saturday evening! My wife and son were having a small sundowner with our braai, but I stood strong. Will be trying to stay dry for at least the whole of January. I will be focussing on meat, fish, poultry, dairy, eggs, veggies and fruit.

Started riding the MTB around the farm again. After two and a half years of not following a regular and constructive exercise regime, it was quite hard work and also quite humiliating.  :blush:  What used to be, while I was very healthy and fit, my hour time trial route on the farm has now become my long ride! :blush:

Goals for the rest of the month:

1. Stay off the booze and bread and stuff and slowly shrinking my appetite by getting accustomed to smaller portions. 

2. Patiently  get my nether regions accustomed to my trusty Fizik Gobi saddle again, by cycling at least 4 times per week, with 1 or 2 slightly longer rides included.

3. Staying as positive and motivated as I have been in week 1.

Good luck to all!

PS

How long does it take for a new resolution to become engrained as a habit? Some say 21 days, some say 60.

Same here, no booze since New Years eve, except for the other night - there was still some Brandy left in the bottle and I didn't want to pour it down the sink, so I had some Brandy with water. It tasted kek.

Last nights dinner was hake fillets with medium boiled eggs and a salad. Thinking of sticking to chicken, fish, and pork. I am craving sugar with my coffee, but it's one of those things. I had a sip of the wifey's coke yesterday at Giba Gorge after our trail run, and it tasted like heaven, but I bought myself a bottle of water.

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi,

So the first week of the year went mostly according to plan...

I started from the 2nd and the weigh in yesterday showed a drop to 87.9kg.

More importantly I've managed to mostly keep to my goals (3 cycles and a gym workout) and log EVERYTHING to MyFitnessPal. It's definitely doing the trick - if I have to measure it I think 2 or 3 times before just eating it.

cc52cbf32bcf68d1697c85eb918f3258.jpg

Let’s see how this continues for another week...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Same here, no booze since New Years eve, except for the other night - there was still some Brandy left in the bottle and I didn't want to pour it down the sink, so I had some Brandy with water. It tasted kek.

I had a sip of the wifey's coke yesterday at Giba Gorge after our trail run, and it tasted like heaven, but I bought myself a bottle of water.

That was the hardest...went out for lunch with the family on Saturday afternoon and had a sparkling water instead of what I really wanted: a long cold beer! 

That was the hardest...went out for lunch with the family on Saturday afternoon and had a sparkling water instead of what I really wanted: a long cold beer! 

Ja, I also had to fight the temptation of buying some berries over the weekend. During my weight loss mission in 2015, I had no beer. 2016 came and I also didn't drink much, but when 2017 came, I was going through 12 beers per weekend, and a lot of those beers were Castle Milk Stouts.

Only saw this now, ok, I'm in :)

Actually started on 3 Jan already with low carb, (almost) zero beer and logging food on MyFitnessPal  (Was 102kg, 1.83cm, 47 year old)

Promised myself a new road bike when I hit 90kg. Will be a tough one... was that 25+years ago  :w00t:  

100.3kg this morning

Ja, I also had to fight the temptation of buying some berries over the weekend. During my weight loss mission in 2015, I had no beer. 2016 came and I also didn't drink much, but when 2017 came, I was going through 12 beers per weekend, and a lot of those beers were Castle Milk Stouts.

Jeez and I do love an ice cold "stout melkie" hehe.

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

Seems to be a common theme, this off the booze thing. My neighbour invited me to the pub last night for a swift pint and it took a lot of willpower to just have a Diet Coke as I watched the pints of Guinness being poured. Oh well ....

Seems to be a common theme, this off the booze thing. My neighbour invited me to the pub last night for a swift pint and it took a lot of willpower to just have a Diet Coke as I watched the pints of Guinness being poured. Oh well ....

The problem is the thirsty/social/relaxed liquid calories add up really quickly...and are often forgotten about because they're not "food".

I still have the odd drink - a G&T (with sugar free tonic though) on Saturday evening, but not the best idea to add beers on top of that restaurant burger...

I will rather die thanks, haha

It's not the best tasting, although I must say the Spar wild berry green tea isn't toooooo bad :ph34r:

Here's a question. How often do you guys/gals weigh yourself. Everyday for motivation or do you stay away from the scale for a whole week etc?

Weigh once a week just to make sure I am still on course, find weighing every day can become very demoralizing especially in the beginning (if you have lots of weight to loose.)

I understand weighing every day when you are in a maintenance phase, for weight loss I would personally not recommend it though.

Edit spelling

Edited by Sitting@89

Had a long hot day yesterday and had a couple of whiskeys and sparkling water. Much better than beers calorie wise. And I try to not overdose

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk