Bike Hub weight loss challenge 2018

BigDL

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Blixem. Why is this so difficult?

Workload and stress is killing me. There are times that at 18:00 I am passed out being this tired.

I need to make some serious and immediate changes. Or I am setting myself up for failure (story of my life).

Dammit I am tired of being tired

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

That sounded like me a year ago. Woke up tired. Was always tired at work. Came home tired. Went to bed tired. I had no energy.

What made a huge difference for me was when I started training again. Yes I am tired but it is different. Training helps me getting rid of stress. I rethink my day, I plan things for tomorrow and burn the fat. It is a lekker tiredness after the shower after the training. Sorry had to put it that way.

Anyone have some simple menus to share please.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Here's a burger recipe I got from LexieB off here: (Disclaimer: I haven't made it yet, but I saw the pictures and it looked damn good)

Not much of a recipe involved with the burger itself! I marinated chicken breasts in Peri prego sauce (I just used the woolies one) and then grilled it in a griddle pan. Just before it’s done, pop it under the grill in the oven with a slice of mozzarella cheese on top then I topped it with avo, woolies nut and seed sprinkles, cucumber, red onion and rocket, and used gem lettuce leaves in place of the bun 

Homemade mayo & coleslaw

For the mayo: (yields about 1 & 1/4 cups)

- 2 egg yolks
- 1 tsp mustard (optional)
- 3 tsp lemon juice
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/2 cup coconut oil

1. Mix yolks, mustard & lemon juice
2. Whisk vigorously (blender or food processor on low) while dripping the oil very slowly, even drop by drop in the beginning. You’re creating an emulsion and if you put too much oil at once, it will separate and will be very hard to save. Whisk non-stop
3. As you add more oil, the emulsion will form and the mayonnaise will start to thicken and you can pour the oil faster at this point.
4. When all the oil is incorporated and the mayonnaise is thick, whisk in the rest of the lemon juice and taste. season to taste with salt and pepper.

For the coleslaw:

Mix together the following, then leave in the fridge for at least two hours (even better overnight)

- 150g shredded red and white coleslaw cabbage (I use the pre-cut packet from woolies)
- 1/4 cup mayo (if you can’t be bothered making the mayo, use any lite mayo. Woolies is awesome)
- 1 red pepper, diced 
- 1 Granny Smith apple, skin on, grated
- 30g raisins
- 1/2tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 1 tbsp lemon juice

I am just curious to know, is anybody thats taking part on this thread doing the Banting diet, or are you people just cutting out carbs , sugary and refined stuff? I am not full banting , is that maybe the way to go? I know there is a banting thread, it seems to be a bit quiet on there....

I am just curious to know, is anybody thats taking part on this thread doing the Banting diet, or are you people just cutting out carbs , sugary and refined stuff? I am not full banting , is that maybe the way to go? I know there is a banting thread, it seems to be a bit quiet on there....

Well from me, I've cut out carbs, sugar and bread. Drinking water and sugarless coffee during the day. Oats for breakfast, four slices of cracker bread with a slice of ham for lunch, and a low carb dinner, like what we ate last night. In between evenings it'll be chicken and salad for dinner.

When I was doing the GetFit challenge in 2015 (as I had put on roughly 20kg), they said that 5 small meals a day would boost my metabolism, so I was having oats for breakfast, a banana and an apple for a mid morning snack, medium portion of spaghetti bolognese for lunch, another banana and apple for a mid afternoon snack, and either a wrap or chicken with salad for dinner. I was going to gym, ie: doing the challenge in the gym twice a week, and it was an hour per session. In 9 months I went from 105kg to 82.9kg.

I couldn't be bothered about the in between snacks this time around though.

When I was losing weight I didn't cut out anything apart from fizzy drinks. Replaced coke with lime and soda. The rest stayed exactly as is but just cut the calories according to My Fitness Pal target. Boom...19kg gone

Now that I'm maintaining weight I still use MFP every day, just become such a habit and it keeps me on track

Well from me, I've cut out carbs, sugar and bread. Drinking water and sugarless coffee during the day. Oats for breakfast, four slices of cracker bread with a slice of ham for lunch, and a low carb dinner, like what we ate last night. In between evenings it'll be chicken and salad for dinner.

When I was doing the GetFit challenge in 2015 (as I had put on roughly 20kg), they said that 5 small meals a day would boost my metabolism, so I was having oats for breakfast, a banana and an apple for a mid morning snack, medium portion of spaghetti bolognese for lunch, another banana and apple for a mid afternoon snack, and either a wrap or chicken with salad for dinner. I was going to gym, ie: doing the challenge in the gym twice a week, and it was an hour per session. In 9 months I went from 105kg to 82.9kg.

I couldn't be bothered about the in between snacks this time around though.

WOW that is great!!! Care to share the gym training regime.

WOW that is great!!! Care to share the gym training regime.

From what I remember, it was mostly cardio mixed with light weight training.

Here's two videos of a GetFit session, although they've been shortened to give peeps an idea of the exercises involved.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Za61Ls0nEL4&t=129s

And here's the link for GetFit:

http://getfitchallenge.co.za/

Unfortunately there's no GetFit gym in the Eastern Cape yet.

New goals for 2018..3yrs backnwent from 110kgs to 81kgs in a year by just cycling and running. Then baby nr 3 came workload increased and boom before I knew it sitting at 98kgs height 1.80cm. Need to now seriously get back into shape need to loose that 20kgs by end Dec 2018

Please add me to the challenge worksheet

91.7 kg
168 cm
59 yrs old

male

Target 85 kg

It looks like I was able to add it to the worksheet, Cheers

I noticed that no one is updating the worksheet ??

Edited by dasilvarsa

Please add me to the challenge worksheet

91.7 kg

168 cm

59 yrs old

male

Target 85 kg

It looks like I was able to add it to the worksheet, Cheers

Everyone updates the 1st of every month, so that's only again in Feb :)

Good luck!

Edited by Grease_Monkey

The dates along the top are written the US way, so 2/1/2018 is 1st Feb and 3/1/2018 is 1st March. Update each month , not daily.