Bike Hub weight loss challenge 2018

BigDL

I can't seem to access the list, forgot to input my weight gain last month :thumbdown:

There seems to be some filter applied 

Edited by Ed-Zulu

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I avoid this thread like the plague. The meds i am on is f....ing up my whole system. Hopefully in the near future i will join again. 

I can't seem to access the list, forgot to input my weight gain last month :thumbdown:

There seems to be some filter applied 

Try again now... I fiddled a little bit, think i managed to get rid of that filter you were talking about.

Spent a few weeks in June on meds with killer flu not long after having the flu shot, wreaked havoc with my eating and training habits. :thumbdown:

Back on track again and should post a drop by month end.

Joined Virgin Active last night, and so did the missus. Even got a Club-V card for our little one.

Did my first ride class tonight. A Wattbike is not the same as a bicycle, but it was lekker. Can definitely see myself joining other classes as well.

3eeccd7eca10b4f37fad134f68fd4399.jpg

Sent from my EVA-L09 using Tapatalk

So I overcame a thing that was one of the biggest mountains in my life. Two months without sweets and coke.

It was tough I must admit. Pressure at work which under normal cirumstances would have resulted in many Bar One's and Coke but somehow I resisted.

I must admit I thought I would have lost more than I did. Only 1 kg during this period.

So it means I will have to focus on the carbs next. I have to loose another 10kg and clearly sugar is not the only big culprit.

Nice one, Johan! And yeah, carbs are a killer for me, too.

Had a nice chilled 50k on the roadie this am. Crazy how fast the mileage racks up compared to the MTB. Tried as hard as possible to keep HR below 150 (LSD style, base miles) but there were people to chase in the last 15k. 

LOL

Either way, that brings the last 6 days to 8 hours on the bike. 

37951072_10160597646345133_2258556733544

105.1 this morning, after 105.5 on Wednesday last week. Not disappointed, really, cos it's a new slate and my training and diet have taken a slight overhaul. Trying to keep my ducks as organised as possible. 

105.1 this morning, after 105.5 on Wednesday last week. Not disappointed, really, cos it's a new slate and my training and diet have taken a slight overhaul. Trying to keep my ducks as organised as possible. 

Those are just pre- and post-poop weights. Let's give it some more time. 

You still on the keto? 

Those are just pre- and post-poop weights. Let's give it some more time. 

You still on the keto? 

I wasn't actually ever "on" it. Just telling myself I was whilst snacking on things that definitely weren't "keto" in moments of weakness. I am now, though. Will take a while to adapt, but last night's ride was bloody brilliant. Concentrating on the eating, water & training properly now. And yes, I know it's fecking 18 months late. 

And yeah. Re weight - that's a lower difference than what I've fluctuated in a single day, sometimes. Was 104.8 on Sunday AM before my ride. I'm tracking the trend. 

I should have posted this the other day.

If anyone's interested, Virgin Active have a special on at the moment, running until 31 August. You have to be on Discovery Vitality though.

http://www.virginactive.co.za/

it is the R1900 activation fee which is the reason I didn't join VA last year. And that still excludes your card fee. I am a previous member, so why am I paying more than R2k for someone to change my address on the system? all the rest of the details haven't changed.

Right now I have a weightlifting package with a CrossFit gym close to home and work. Yes, I pay more than I would if I was at VA with Vitality, but the coaches all know me by name, they don't mind keeping the gym open late on occasion to allow me to finish my workout, the equipment is better for my purpose. For me it feels good to give VA the finger for the ridiculous joining fee they charge...

it is the R1900 activation fee which is the reason I didn't join VA last year. And that still excludes your card fee. I am a previous member, so why am I paying more than R2k for someone to change my address on the system? all the rest of the details haven't changed.

Right now I have a weightlifting package with a CrossFit gym close to home and work. Yes, I pay more than I would if I was at VA with Vitality, but the coaches all know me by name, they don't mind keeping the gym open late on occasion to allow me to finish my workout, the equipment is better for my purpose. For me it feels good to give VA the finger for the ridiculous joining fee they charge...

yeah, it is *** high. The R 799 special price is far more palatable. 

I wasn't actually ever "on" it. Just telling myself I was whilst snacking on things that definitely weren't "keto" in moments of weakness. I am now, though. Will take a while to adapt, but last night's ride was bloody brilliant. Concentrating on the eating, water & training properly now. And yes, I know it's fecking 18 months late. 

And yeah. Re weight - that's a lower difference than what I've fluctuated in a single day, sometimes. Was 104.8 on Sunday AM before my ride. I'm tracking the trend. 

Looks like you're on track with the cardio. Just remember that it's all about the eating. Even though I strongly disagree with the keto diet in principle, just remember that it's all about the eating. Control your diet and the rest will follow.