Garmin Fenix 3 - second hand

Lurch the stalker

A colleague approached me earlier today saying he wants to sell his Fenix 3 after upgrading to a 5x so I said I'll ask around.

He reckons he wants R6500, but I see on Takealot they're R6989.

Watch still appears to be in good condition, but, what is a fair price for something that would have no warranty as it is over the 12 months?

A colleague approached me earlier today saying he wants to sell his Fenix 3 after upgrading to a 5x so I said I'll ask around.

Watch still appears to be in good condition, but, what is a fair price for something that would have no warranty as it is over the 12 months?

Which Fenix 3? Sapphire? Built in HR? 

Going by the pricing I've seen on here:

Sapphire HR version: R5000 - R5500

Sapphire with HRM: R4500-5000

Fenix 3 - R4000-R4500

Will also depend which model he has.

Which Fenix 3? Sapphire? Built in HR? 

Not 100% sure as he mentioned it in passing at the beginning of a meeting, but, his words were, "top of the line" (everybody has 'the best' when they want to flog it so they can get as much back as possible I suppose) though in the same breath he then said his 5x is an upgrade because it has HR, so one of the other two I guess...

He either doesn't know how much they are selling them for now, as he most likely paid about R9k back for it then, or he's taking a chance with someone who may not know the pricing now.

I think if you xan get it much cheaper, I would look at it, but you'll get the 3 HR for around 6k ot less of you shop around a bit

Friend of mine picked up a Fenix 3 Saphire (without built in HR) for R3500. Excellent condition. Your colleague should log onto gumtree and the classified section here to see what his watch is actually worth - hint: it' allot less than he wants for it.

• 1 year later...

I am looking to sell my Fenix 3 Sapphire if you interested? I have the metal strap (hardly used..) and a black rubber one. It's the chest HR version and is in good condition. I like it a lot but want to upgrade and am happy to sell for 3k. Let me know..

Hi All,

I replied to Lurch that I am also looking to sell my Fenix 3 Sapphire if anyone is interested? I have the metal strap (hardly used..) and a black rubber one. It's the chest HR version and is in good condition. I like it a lot but want to upgrade and am happy to sell for 3k. I think it's a really good deal. Let me know if you keen..

Hi All,

I replied to Lurch that I am also looking to sell my Fenix 3 Sapphire if anyone is interested? I have the metal strap (hardly used..) and a black rubber one. It's the chest HR version and is in good condition. I like it a lot but want to upgrade and am happy to sell for 3k. I think it's a really good deal. Let me know if you keen..

List it in the classifieds, you might get a hit there if you price it agressively. Okes are always keen for a good priced bike computer(which just happens to sit nicely on your wrist)