Specialized bike sizing

Slowbee

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

will try look at a medium, is the frame sizing/deign the same on the tarmac and roubaix?

NOT at all, Roubaix is closer to a MTB very high head tube which means you can run the stem flat.

Wat was the TT length of the previous bike or your MTB?

So as a follow up.

I went and sat on a stock standard 56. Felt kinda ok.

But the shop man was adamant that I am a 54.

So, is it better to get a bike with a long top tube, and shorted stem, or a shorter top tube and a longer stem ?

Seat height is adjustable, so that kinda makes things mute.

The Roubaix is by no means slower than the Tarmac

I'm still missing your height, but I would say opt for a 52 if you are between 170-176.

A short stem can have a significant adverse effect on the handling of your bike.

NOT at all, Roubaix is closer to a MTB very high head tupbe which means you can run the stem flat.

Wat was the TT length of the previous bike or your MTB?

:eek:

So to be clear then the roubaix is more relaxed than the tarmac ?

A lot more 

Tarmac 54

Head Tube =  140

Rreach 387 

Roubaix = 54

Head Tube = 165 (25 mm higher than Tarmac)

Reach = 380 7 mm closer to you than the Tarmac)

If you ride MTB often, get the Robaix as it make swapping between bike easy. Especially if you have some back issues.

You can also use this onlin app to see what the differences are between the two bikes

https://geometrygeeks.bike/ 

:eek:

I have a Roubaix, and the saddle to H-bar drop and reach is within 5mm of each other. Yes I can set the Roubaix up to be more aggresive but I have back problems so it works for me.

The Roubaix,(58) has a 225mm Head Tube, and with the stem flat and 100mm stem when my hands are on the hoods the possition is 99.8% same as on my MTB (and that is what I meant) 

If I ride with my hands in the drops then the saddle Handlebar drop is huge and my back does not like it except for short periods. Since I spent MOST my life on my MTB is it easier for me to be comfy on the roadbike also.

Here is the recommended rider height and frame sizes for Spez

Let me try posting the image

The problem with a 52 frame size ... and a 54 frame size I feel like I am a squashed bannana

In contrast to spending time on the hoods, I prefer the top of the bars.

BUT, when I go buy a bike I will get a fit. It is buying second hand that makes the sizing problematic.

The problem with a 52 frame size ... and a 54 frame size I feel like I am a squashed bannana

In contrast to spending time on the hoods, I prefer the top of the bars.

BUT, when I go buy a bike I will get a fit. It is buying second hand that makes the sizing problematic.

Personally I like to get the smaller frame and ride long stem but that is preference

I would also say 52cm and 120mm stem. you'd love the ride and you will end up spending more time in the drops as previously said, its a tad higher than your racer.

So as a follow up.

I went and sat on a stock standard 56. Felt kinda ok.

But the shop man was adamant that I am a 54.

So, is it better to get a bike with a long top tube, and shorted stem, or a shorter top tube and a longer stem ?

Seat height is adjustable, so that kinda makes things mute.

I dont like shorter stems on road bikes, they tend to get pretty twitchy at speed. 

In the same breath you dont want a broomstick for a stem because then the handling is very slow.

I had a roadie that was slightly too long in the top tube and it used to give me lower back pain on long rides from stretching out. I also had one that was the "correct" size for me and always felt too cramped so if you are on the edge between two sizes then it can be quite frustrating.

I dont like shorter stems on road bikes, they tend to get pretty twitchy at speed. 

In the same breath you dont want a broomstick for a stem because then the handling is very slow.

I had a roadie that was slightly too long in the top tube and it used to give me lower back pain on long rides from stretching out. I also had one that was the "correct" size for me and always felt too cramped so if you are on the edge between two sizes then it can be quite frustrating.

i be thinking that this is the problem, between the two :(

thanks guys

Archived