Yari to Lyrik upgrade worth it?

slewk

Hey Guys

I've been riding a 160mm Yari on my Spez Enduro for the last 5 months or so and it's been serving me pretty well so far

Alas my curiosity of what a higher end fork can offer got the best of me, and i want to know if upgrading the dampener is worth the R2500 to do it?

Im quite a novice rider but cant help but wonder if it will get me down DH-0 a bit smoother?

What are the all benefits?

Luke

Hubber usxof did it, also for his enduro made it 180mm with the new damper.

He’s just bought a tranny frame to transfer the fork onto

Buying A lyrik and trying to sell the yari ? NOT worth it 

Buying Charger damper and putting into yari ? DEFINITELY WORTH it 

I would only consider the damper upgrade, what changes should i expect over the Yari one?

I would only consider the damper upgrade, what changes should i expect over the Yari one?

more small bump compliance , smoother stroke and you should also notice the changes adjustments make more clearly ( mainly low speed compression , this helps the fork not dive in long turns  ) 

You really need to be VERY into your suspension or be A pro to notice how much difference there is 

BUT trust me its worth it 

more small bump compliance , smoother stroke and you should also notice the changes adjustments make more clearly ( mainly low speed compression , this helps the fork not dive in long turns  ) 

You really need to be VERY into your suspension or be A pro to notice how much difference there is 

BUT trust me its worth it 

not to say your fork does those things bad ( yari is A good fork to start with , i've only ridden one for an hour )

but i went form an open bath fork to A cartridge damper fork last year and it was A good change 

No it's the charge damper from the actual lyrik, ive heard of the mrp ones though and was intrigued 

No it's the charge damper from the actual lyrik, ive heard of the mrp ones though and was intrigued

The Charger Damper and MRP Ramp Control cartridge are way different things.

The damper is on the right hand leg, and handles the ford's damping.

The MRP cartridge sits on top of the air spring on the left hand leg and changes the characteristics of the air-spring.

The Charger Damper and MRP Ramp Control cartridge are way different things.

The damper is on the right hand leg, and handles the ford's damping.

The MRP cartridge sits on top of the air spring on the left hand leg and changes the characteristics of the air-spring.

I was only planning on upgrading the damper as that's apparently the Yari's shortfall. I was aware of the mrp upgrade but im happy with the progression of the fork that i adjusted with tokens

If you can spare the cash then there is certainly no reason not to try and improve your suspension.

But this raises an interesting option for rider's looking for a firm on a budget... Do you buy a yari and upgrade the damper to get a lyric performance,or do you buy the lyric straight out... Wonder what savings can be made

If you can spare the cash then there is certainly no reason not to try and improve your suspension.

But this raises an interesting option for rider's looking for a firm on a budget... Do you buy a yari and upgrade the damper to get a lyric performance,or do you buy the lyric straight out... Wonder what savings can be made

The Yari came stock with the enduro so didnt really have a choice

My main question is how big of a difference it makes, R2500 isn't a little amount of cash but if it makes riding that much more pleasurable then i can justify the cost

My main question is how big of a difference it makes, R2500 isn't a little amount of cash but if it makes riding that much more pleasurable then i can justify the cost

I just replaced my open bath Fox damper with the new FIT4 damper, and I can honestly say that is money well spend. An upgraded damper makes a big difference.

If I was you I would go for it, you learn so much about your suspension after so big upgrade that you end up asking yourself how you ever lived without it.

I just replaced my open bath Fox damper with the new FIT4 damper, and I can honestly say that is money well spend. An upgraded damper makes a big difference.

If I was you I would go for it, you learn so much about your suspension after so big upgrade that you end up asking yourself how you ever lived without it.

great answer, thanks!

On my one bike I have a RS revelation. On the other bike a Pike. Motion Control damper vs Charger Damper.

The Revelation is nice. Does everything well. The Pike is amazing though. Magic carpet ride. Granted the Pike is 160mm vs 140mm on the Rev, but the charger rides higher in the travel, even when dialed down to 150mm (dual position air on the Pike) and feels more composed when klapping it through chunder..

I reckon the Charger Damper is a worthy upgrade.

I also reckon that the fit4 damper on my fox32 is better than the Revelation.

And I used to love the Revelation. And the Reba I had before that. But tech marches on....

I was only planning on upgrading the damper as that's apparently the Yari's shortfall. I was aware of the mrp upgrade but im happy with the progression of the fork that i adjusted with tokens

Then you are sorted. The only added advantage that the ramp control gives is on the fly adjustable, ie change progression on the trail without using spacers.