[Event] Bestmed Berge En Dale Road Championship

PRFullstop

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Paid my extortionate race entry fee. Number collection is not possible (I work for a living, and can't drive across the world for a piece of paper). ASG could have made a better plan (but that would be asking too much of them). I'm going to pitch on Saturday without a number and ride without it. What time does A batch go off?

Paid my extortionate race entry fee. Number collection is not possible (I work for a living, and can't drive across the world for a piece of paper). ASG could have made a better plan (but that would be asking too much of them). I'm going to pitch on Saturday without a number and ride without it. What time does A batch go off?

You can collect on the morning of the race as well.

Someone asked the question on facebook

6:35am

Agree on both the fee and the collection. 

You can say that of most events.The same applies for somebody that entered that stay in Randfontein and needs to collect his/her race number in Fourways. This time it's a bonus for them. ASG does allow for number collection the morning of the race except for racing cats if i'm correct.

The times that I wanted or could not make it I made arrangements by phoning ASG directly. Like my VA number for Lost City I could collect the morning of the race. All I did was pick up the phone and asked them. No biggy to do it.  

You can say that of most events.The same applies for somebody that entered that stay in Randfontein and needs to collect his/her race number in Fourways. This time it's a bonus for them. ASG does allow for number collection the morning of the race except for racing cats if i'm correct.

The times that I wanted or could not make it I made arrangements by phoning ASG directly. Like my VA number for Lost City I could collect the morning of the race. All I did was pick up the phone and asked them. No biggy to do it.  

All time wasting ideas.  

ASG just wants your fat ass wallet in their shop.

Just mail me my fkn number and be done with it.

We've been through this.

The cycling events industry could do with a bit of tech and maybe should consider e-mail.  

For me the revers route is awesome.

The wheel suckers from R4S won't do this one as they actually have to be fit to stick to you on the climb up to the finish.  

No freewheeling on this one.

Looking forward to it.

For me the revers route is awesome.

The wheel suckers from R4S won't do this one as they actually have to be fit to stick to you on the climb up to the finish.  

No freewheeling on this one.

Looking forward to it.

Does anybody have an idea what the projected average speeds are for the different seeded groups? I have been seeded in B, but am worried this is too fast for me and will get dropped...

I have only done two races since getting back into cycling, 947 last year 3h44 25.5kmh (not in very good shape) and R4S last weekend 3h23 (G group) 34kmh (Much better shape, but nowhere near my best) 

I dont have alot of experience race wise, and my main aim is to do a sub 3hr in 947 this year or next year, depending how I can get my fitness etc up. I am doing a few races this summer to get experience riding in the bunch etc. Know the Cradle very well as its in my back yard. 

Any thoughts?

Saw some guys fixing potholes between avianto and bidon yesterday . . . also some propper orange markings with spray paint  . . . 

Looking forward and trustingly I have the legs to stay with A at lease to sterkies . . . I will however "pull" my weight / do my part. . . I will be sporting our new Bionic kit !  ( "Game plan"  to work in front at Maropeng . . . ... . . . ... only :whistling: ) 

I will be the one with smiles  . . . I ride my bike because i LIKE it ! 

Please kindly keep attitudes at home on Saturday 

Edited by Prozac

Does anybody have an idea what the projected average speeds are for the different seeded groups? I have been seeded in B, but am worried this is too fast for me and will get dropped...

I have only done two races since getting back into cycling, 947 last year 3h44 25.5kmh (not in very good shape) and R4S last weekend 3h23 (G group) 34kmh (Much better shape, but nowhere near my best) 

I dont have alot of experience race wise, and my main aim is to do a sub 3hr in 947 this year or next year, depending how I can get my fitness etc up. I am doing a few races this summer to get experience riding in the bunch etc. Know the Cradle very well as its in my back yard. 

Any thoughts?

C&D sounds about your current level mate.

Id start in C and if you cant hold on wait for D to collect, you should be able to stay with that group.

Was looking to get a last minute entry, the R460 fee quickly cured the FOMO.

I can't seem to open the route on their website; I guess there's no chance of a training ride anywhere near  the cradle on Sunday as the race uses most of those roads?

Edited by Karooryder

Was looking to get a last minute entry, the R460 fee quickly cured the FOMO.

I can't seem to open the route on their website; I guess there's no chance of a training ride anywhere near  the cradle on Sunday as the race uses most of those roads?

The race is saturday . . . - Go wild on Sunday ! :-) 

Any thoughts?

C&D sounds about your current level mate.

Id start in C and if you cant hold on wait for D to collect, you should be able to stay with that group.

I discovered that you could search for an event and year, and then specify the group results for each group's first 100 finishers on the Racetec website (Option 4: Results by Event), so that gives a good idea of how each group rode for that year. I agree with you, will try C and then see how it goes :)