Modderfontein Bike Park - what's happening

I FLY

Awesome news! Will try head there Saturday-

IS the WED night riding still a thing?

The park is open! They are still catching up with the cutting but it's heading in the right direction. The plants are growing very well in this weather and it was in a terrible state before so it will take some time to get perfect. We can all help by running it in again! (There is signage again as well)

• Replies 725
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I just hope the old ones will be honored, I have 6 or 7 entries left on my card.

Hmm, probably best to take a drive there after the park run on Saturday,.. Mabe I can get contact details for someone ????????

Hmm, probably best to take a drive there after the park run on Saturday,.. Mabe I can get contact details for someone

I'm pretty sure no official Parkruns are going to be taking place....

I'm pretty sure no official Parkruns are going to be taking place....

****, that's right... OK so just a cycle to the gate for me then...

I will just go there with extra Randellas.

Mabe see you there then, I'll be the guy on the GT wearing a hazmad suite, should be easy to spot ????????????????????

Please can someone report back if they've done away with the reverse routes... (please say yes)!

Hey Dex. Just like you I was very excited to get to Modders again so I went there late this afternoon. Lady at the gate said they’re open but only on the 10km and 20km routes. So I did the 20km. Still exactly the same direction up the tar road and further up the gravel road. Unfortunately my excitement only lasted to the first single track. The maintenance man had great fun on a grader up the hill leading to the top. It’s now wide enough for the weekend warrior and 4 mates to ride side by side. ???? Single track better than before but still very overgrown in certain sections. The reeds are again a hazard. Trail is dry but standing water in the usual areas are now smelly and looks terrible. Further along the yellow singletrack from the Parkrun entrance a tree had fallen across the trail and there is no detour.

Caution: make sure you wear long sleeves and long socks, proper eye protection(and a panga) to hack through some of the trail.

It is clear whoever is now running the place has not ridden the trails. If this is the best product they have to offer then I will vote with my cash and ride elsewhere or go through the Marlboro entrance where there is no access control.

Sorry, I was very disappointed. Let us know what you thought after your ride.

Forgot to add. Only thing that’s new is glow in the dark neon signs that mark the trails.

Hey Dex. Just like you I was very excited to get to Modders again so I went there late this afternoon. Lady at the gate said they’re open but only on the 10km and 20km routes. So I did the 20km. Still exactly the same direction up the tar road and further up the gravel road. Unfortunately my excitement only lasted to the first single track. The maintenance man had great fun on a grader up the hill leading to the top. It’s now wide enough for the weekend warrior and 4 mates to ride side by side. Single track better than before but still very overgrown in certain sections. The reeds are again a hazard. Trail is dry but standing water in the usual areas are now smelly and looks terrible. Further along the yellow singletrack from the Parkrun entrance a tree had fallen across the trail and there is no detour.

Caution: make sure you wear long sleeves and long socks, proper eye protection(and a panga) to hack through some of the trail.

It is clear whoever is now running the place has not ridden the trails. If this is the best product they have to offer then I will vote with my cash and ride elsewhere or go through the Marlboro entrance where there is no access control.

I was really looking forward to a ride there on Friday :(

There is no turning back now I am packed, so I will be going, it is early days, lets give them some time.

Can anyone confirm, do the old cards still work?

Hey Dex. Just like you I was very excited to get to Modders again so I went there late this afternoon. Lady at the gate said they’re open but only on the 10km and 20km routes. So I did the 20km. Still exactly the same direction up the tar road and further up the gravel road. Unfortunately my excitement only lasted to the first single track. The maintenance man had great fun on a grader up the hill leading to the top. It’s now wide enough for the weekend warrior and 4 mates to ride side by side. Single track better than before but still very overgrown in certain sections. The reeds are again a hazard. Trail is dry but standing water in the usual areas are now smelly and looks terrible. Further along the yellow singletrack from the Parkrun entrance a tree had fallen across the trail and there is no detour.

Edited by Dexter-morgan

Did a ride today at Modders. Very disappointed. No real change to the foliage pandemic that has gripped the reserve. I am really hoping its a "work in progress" 

They have new signs however for colour deficient riders its difficult to distinguish between the two orange arrows. 

post-39234-0-61332400-1584789798_thumb.jpg

post-39234-0-49411400-1584789801_thumb.jpg

post-39234-0-30324000-1584789803_thumb.jpg

post-39234-0-23930000-1584789805_thumb.jpg

Edited by Zer0