What causes heart attacks among cyclists

There is no benefit to doing this beyond the placebo effect. To be absolutely clear - this person is risking destruction of their liver, gastro intestinal tract and possibly life threatening central nervous system damage by taking this dosage of ibuprofen and paracetomol.

Even without the exercise this dosage will seriously jeopardize the person.

Discaimer  I'm not a medical doctor. But I'm certain hubbers who are will confirm this.

The dosage is accurate. Seen it myself. Many others have seen it too.. My question is why? Is there a benifit

Edited by Mamil

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

There is no benefit to doing this beyond the placebo effect. To be absolutely clear - this person is risking destruction of their liver, gastro intestinal tract and possibly life threatening central nervous system damage by taking this dosage of ibuprofen and paracetomol.

Even without the exercise this dosage will seriously jeopardize the person.

Discaimer  I'm not a medical doctor. But I'm certain hubbers who are will confirm this.

I'm certainly no medical expert but I can imagine Myprodols can dull a whole lot of aches and muscle pains as Mazambaan mentioned) which will probably be useful on something long like the Baviaans

But 2 every 15 minutes!?! I assume his body has built up a resistance to the stuff by now which is why he is popping it like candy.

There is really no limit to the stupidity of mankind. 

Edited by Skubarra

The dosage is accurate. Seen it myself. Many others have seen it too.. My question is why? Is there a benifit

There is no known benefit - there is a distinct possibility of kidney failure - especially given that kind of dose - well beyond the max allowable limits.

Again - NSAIDS (non steroidal anti inflammatory drugs) are contra indicated during and before exercise and have no known benefit to recovery - except for making you feel a bit better, they are actually not helping you recover.

Possibly should be was an idiot. A horrible agonising death.

Or long term dialysis..... fun stuff.....

When I first started going to the Alps I used to take 3 anti inflams a day. 1 in the morning 2 in the evening. Your forearms swell up like baloons and you get a thing called the claw which is basically cramping in your hands from the constant braking. And I used to dose up on Calmag before the time. Used to take Gels and all sorts of crap to keep me going.

Started eating dead cow. No need for Anti Inflams. Still take Calmag tho.

If you need a mild anti-inflammatory then take fish oil / omega-3 capsules.

Very useful when doing stage races.