creaking seatpost

Mongooser

My seatpost or seat seems to be creaking, ive cleaned everything and it wont stop

tried carbon paste and grease after cleaning the frame, cleaned the seat bolts, rails and it still creaks

any ideas how to stop this? 

when i sit on the seat i can hear it as i move, Extremely Loud

its a spez seatpost and saddle

Since you've checked almost everything else, the creaking might come from the contact points between the rails and the base of the saddle.

I have that issue with a Fabric saddle, spraying some Teflon spray on the contact points solves the issue.

I have a Gobi and sometimes the creak is from where the rails enter the plastic end bits. I just dribble a drop of oil on the rails and let it flow into the plastic bit. Not sure how your saddle looks underneath but if its similar try it...

post-12678-0-12599000-1521398108_thumb.jpg

My Spez Henge also makes alot if noise (I know it's the saddle because it makes the same noise on different bikes and seatposts). Anyway, take Mojoman's advice - did the same and it worked for me.

If it is the seatpost, then try copper paste, not carbon paste - works a treat. And don't add grease, it does the opposite to carbon and copper paste.

Agree with G_M.

Copper slip on all the contact points was the only way to keep my Race Face Next SL post and Fabric Scoop combo quiet. Eventually found that the biggest point for noise came from the contact between the rails and the post rail clamps.

Check your saddle is not cracked

Like he said, I had the same problem with my Sworks saddle, took a couple months before I found the problem and drove me mad.

My Selle Max is constantly creaking where the rails go in the base. It started 10 day after I got it... I was unamused as It was the reason I took off a previous saddle which was comfy.

Thanks okes

seems abit of chain lube on contact points and it stopped it being as loud. Put silicone spray on the rails where seatpost connects and it stopped creaking instantly.

Archived