WISH Online

Stretch

Ordered 8 items on 9 March, which included some sunglasses and cycling lights.

First items landed at customs this past friday according to the tracking data.

Not expecting too much in terms of quality if you look at the price. Will update once received.

Good day Everybody, Have anybody ordered some cycling stuff from Wish before ?

My other half orders small little odds and bobs regularly. Nothing over R200 is the rule...

Make sure its delivered to a PO Box and not any other address if you wanna receive the goods before Mmusi Maimane becomes president of South Africa.

Ive bought odds and bobs for my Dremel tool which are pretty decent.

Got a fake pair of Oakleys to see the quality and they are bloody well made. Lenses are not great but they serve a purpose, they were bought to live under the seat of my motorbike and use when off the bike on weekends.

At the end of the day, you get what you pay for, sometimes stuff you didnt pay for arrives too

Whats the import tax like that you have to pay at the post office ?

I like to order a sports watch

Have ordered on 2 separate occasions, from 5 different vendors.

First shipment was a trial - some dish towel hangers that hang from the kitchen cupboard, and a phone stand.

Second order was for 5 chain wear gauges, a digital vernier and POC sunglasses. The 5 gauges and vernier arrived, but I had to claim for the sunglasses that I had assumed were “taken” by some SAPO worker. Received my refund, and the sunglasses arrived over the weekend - certainly not polarised, as advertised... but for R184, what was I expecting?

Certainly won’t be using them again. CCL

* cheap Chinese lubbish

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Whats the import tax like that you have to pay at the post office ?

I like to order a sports watch

I’ve paid R24 per item.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've ordered a couple of items from wish. The quality was rubbish but for R20 I guess you can't ask for much. It's a real gamble with the stuff and takes months to be delivered. So don't spend much with them and be prepared to loose it either due to poor quality or not arriving

Wish is cheap china quality items. 

They do sell better quality stuff but you will pay comparable prices to in SA.

If I plan on experimenting and just want a cheap version ill order china, else I just buy the product in SA.

There are rare times when China sellers have things I can't find in SA, read the reviews and find best of the options out there.

The Tax is now minimum R25 odd customs release fee per package.

They only inspect package with high value now (mine all been less than R400).

It's a bit of a hit and miss affair.

I ordered two pairs of sunglasses from Wish (two different vendors) and the first set never arrived. The refund process was simple and effective.

The second pair took almost 3 months to arrive - no import tax etc. just the standard VAT. Plus the Chinese all put a lower customs value on the invoice, so you end up paying peanuts.

*Edit: Some advice - look at the sellers ratings. This gives a good indication as to whether you will ever recieve the product. 

Edited by Schnavel

You can also try www.aliexpress.com. 

I ordered 'name brand' items from them, got the fake items and requested a full refund that is still one day in processing.

I get all my money back except for the R24 I had to pay at the post office and I get to keep the fake items.  I see this as a win-win situation.

Edited by Super Sywurm