[Event] EWC Round 1 Hoogekraal

Dan Dob

• Replies 391
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I had such a lekker day out. Everything worked. Bike. Legs. Trails. Tried out some new lightweight body armour too. Didn't get to put it to test but good to know its light and barely noticeable. Got to protect the dadbod.

That was Riaan, one of the dudes that I ride with. Took a PROPER stack. In hospital now, nothing super serious, but still won't ride for a while.

Yea ... Proper!  Eish man, heal up soon!

post-4352-0-10790300-1524425964_thumb.jpg

post-4352-0-63746200-1524426011_thumb.jpg

post-4352-0-64431200-1524426024_thumb.jpg

post-4352-0-79556500-1524426039_thumb.jpg

post-4352-0-22257800-1524426061_thumb.jpg

post-4352-0-47055600-1524426083_thumb.jpg

Both the primary and backup system failed for st2 apparently. Excluding it for everyone is therefore the right thing to do.

No announcement or publication from the event's organizers.

Amazing capture there Tankman!!!

Were you on route today? And the only photographer?

I was on route ... although it was not very spectator friendly, especially if you are dragging your photo gear up, over and to the other side of the mountain! :cursing:   Got my exercise in for the day though!

Saw Ewald Sadie there as well, he was much more mobile than me on his Giant E-bike, very clever! :clap:

Will upload some more shots as I work through them

Seeing it separated into frames, you always think what the rider could have done. But he's effectively a passenger, that sequence is running at 1/2500th of second. That's a lot faster than a blink of the eye. 

Outstanding capture of a very unfortunate event. Frame rate and focus tracking collaborated perfectly.

Seeing it separated into frames, you always think what the rider could have done. But he's effectively a passenger, that sequence is running at 1/2500th of second. That's a lot faster than a blink of the eye. 

Yea it happens so quickly, I almost stopped shooting cause I wanted to "see" what is happening!  He just went along for the ride, no much you can do in the air when momentum and gravity has taken over ... but this was the moment he went ... Oh F@k!

post-4352-0-10056600-1524458646_thumb.jpg