Rouvy - worth the bother for virtual rides?

mecheng89

The Bike Hub : European Style race[/size]

Race set for 18:00 on September 2nd. All welcome.[/size]

What’s a European style race?

• Replies 230
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Route from Europe, the flags are a odd and i gave up trying to figure the location as i was in a hurry last night.

Its called Cura Nuova - Potassa

Rode part of it tonight, its a good route for a race and will be tough if you race it the whole way.

Maybe post it on this Rouvy dedicated race thread

https://community.bikehub.co.za/topic/185227-rouvy-online-ride-race/page-22

post-182-0-40501800-1598986968_thumb.jpg

Rouvy 20% of 3 months discount codes.

CHREKO20 (worked for my 12 month subscription)

GIUCRI20

Currently USD us the cheapest. With the code I paid R1600 (R133 per month) for the family plan.

20% Gradient!, hopefully its just 100M long.

A bit longer than that, the longest is about 1 km long

For you a piece of cake  :thumbup:

post-182-0-55214100-1599069996_thumb.jpg

So....

I always seem to find myself drifting back to Rouvy.

I canned my Zwift subscription hoping to use the free version of RGT during the summer months. But on Saturday (it was bucketing down here) try as I might I just could not finish an RGT ride. Stelvio wouldn't load and the Pienza route. Ag. Sorry I just can't with RGT. And most of the roads and workouts aren't free anymore. I did try.

Also while I'm having a whinge I don't think Zwift's gradient is correct at all. Yes I do have the trainer difficulty set to 100%.

I can't do a 6% climb in the big ring IRL but I can in Zwift. I don't like that.

Aaanyways. Back to Rouvy it is. I'm not loving the AR app and no ANT but I guess they'll get that right in a little while. I'm 600km behind my cycling yearly goal so I'm gonna be on the pancake flat stuff for the next little while.

Edited by Duane_Bosch

So....

I always seem to find myself drifting back to Rouvy.

I canned my Zwift subscription hoping to use the free version of RGT during the summer months. But on Saturday (it was bucketing down here) try as I might I just could not finish an RGT ride. Stelvio wouldn't load and the Pienza route. Ag. Sorry I just can't with RGT. And most of the roads and workouts aren't free anymore. I did try.

Also while I'm having a whinge I don't think Zwift's gradient is correct at all. Yes I do have the trainer difficulty set to 100%.

I can't do a 6% climb in the big ring IRL but I can in Zwift. I don't like that.

Aaanyways. Back to Rouvy it is. I'm not loving the AR app and no ANT but I guess they'll get that right in a little while. I'm 600km behind my cycling yearly goal so I'm gonna be on the pancake flat stuff for the next little while.

Duane, I would say its your turn to organize a hub race but my trainer is being converted and have not received the parts yet.

Duane, I would say its your turn to organize a hub race but my trainer is being converted and have not received the parts yet.

It's gonna be pan flat!

I'd be keen to join a race / ride but I'm also 100% sure I'm getting my ass handed to me. 

Still keen though.

I am in next time round, hopefully the Kickr is ready and Escom does not decide against it again. Canyonville is a Nice flat one.

Edited by Dexter-morgan

HA! You see. You made me look again.

I eventually fond the update button on teh Rouvy AR app as i was annoyed they were not providing the tech support. It was always on the old Rouvy and i wanted to have my HR stuff recorded, although it makes no real difference to any of the Rouvy data they store. Hope you have what you need.

Hope you have what you need.

Thanks.

Ja I just assumed it wasn't available.

I'm not doing any "training" at the moment so I'm just doing good ol rides with youtubes on a second screen for distraction. Doing pancake flat stuff. The Ironman rides are nice for that type of thing. Trying to keep my watts below 2 watts per kg just ticking along.