Best Smart trainer

Patchelicious

Best Smart Trainer  

33 members have voted

1. 1. Which is the current best smart trainer from those who have used these?

• Tacx 2800 Neo Smart - R21k
    • Tacx 2900 Flux Smart - R12k
    • Wahoo KICKR 3 - R22k

Have decided to pull the trigger.

I know that the "best" are the two more expensive ones, but are they twice as good as the FLUX?

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I voted Neo but on second thought I think the Flux will do the job just as good. For me a big plus of the Neo is I can use it anywhere without having to connect it to a power supply.

Nope they are like x4 time better,

Kickr 3 R17k

Where?

I simply used the CWC prices

Edited by Patchelicious

Just got myself the Wahoo Kickr Snap 2, for R8k. Can't see what the other trainers have more to offer for that price difference.

Happy with the Snap 2

Direct drive.

No need for a special tyre or back wheel and no tyre sliping when doing HIIT excercises. No need to check tyre pressure before starting.

If you are running a lower or higher tire pressure when you calibrated your numbers will be off

Edited by Zatek

Direct drive.

No need for a special tyre or back wheel and no tyre sliping when doing HIIT excercises. No need to check tyre pressure before starting.

If you are running a lower or higher tire pressure when you calibrated your numbers will be off

True, problem for me with the direct drive was that I use my road bike and tt bike on it. The one is 10 speed and the other 11 speed. Then I will need 2 extra clusters and change them depending on the bike I want to use.

If you power issues like Secunda go Neo if not go for a KickR. Stay away from the flux. You are to strong for a flux.

My 2 cents

This yes. I always liked the quality of the Tacx stuff. Tried a KickR and liked it too and wish I had the bucks for either one both awesome

True, problem for me with the direct drive was that I use my road bike and tt bike on it. The one is 10 speed and the other 11 speed. Then I will need 2 extra clusters and change them depending on the bike I want to use.

or just change the groupsets to match. Expensive yes but I would not swop out stuff all the time to make either work.

I'm on my third flux.

it keeps on developing some grinding noise after a few months use.

Agents replaced the unit without too much hassles, it's just a pain in the arse to return the thing.