The "I need something you might throw away" thread

Kalahari Vegmot

Just now, RobertWhitehead said:

Is the RD-M770 a 10 speed? I have RD-M750 (9 speed) & RD-M785 (10 speed) here with me. and then some Deore, SLX & XTR 😁

It is a 9-speed. But is works in the opposite direction, i.e. normal position is on the low gear. I have a conventional one that I can try if I don't get hold of a normal-low type one. 

I'll see if I can get some info on that M750 that you have in the mean time. Perhaps it can work. Thanks!

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

9 minutes ago, RobertWhitehead said:

Is the RD-M770 a 10 speed? I have RD-M750 (9 speed) & RD-M785 (10 speed) here with me. and then some Deore, SLX & XTR 😁

Hi Robert

If you are left with the 9sp Shimano 750 RD please let me know? Thanks..... 

1 hour ago, PietervE said:

Hi all,

I am looking for a Shimano Deore XT rear derailleur RD-M770 (the one with the reversed spring). Mine broke in a freak accident, and I believe "normal-low" type derailleurs are no longer manufactured. 😢

I'm willing to pay some cash of course. I also have a new SPD cleat set to trade (SM-SH51).

Let's hope there is one gathering dust somewhere.

Is it a 9 speed derailleur?

Just now, PietervE said:

Yes, 9 speed.

I have one for you, well at least I tjink I do, wil check tonight, PM me your number

Edited by Chadvdw67

1 minute ago, Chadvdw67 said:

I have one for you, well at least I tjink I do, wil check tonight, PM me your number

Hi Chad,

That would be great, thanks! 😀 I sent you a PM.

10 minutes ago, TheoG said:

Just saw this advertised if you don't come right with Chad:

https://bikehub.co.za/classifieds/item/complete-groupsets/530252/shimano-lxxt-3x9-gearset

Great pick-up, thanks! I've contacted the seller. Looks like an older version of what I have. Depending on what Chad sends me tonight I might just go for that set. Don't know what I'll do with the remainder of the parts though, but at least I'll have a working derailleur again. 

37 minutes ago, Sepia said:

Hi Robert

Hi Sepia, 

You can chat to Robert. The 750 is not going to work for me.

Thanks @RobertWhitehead , appreciate your offer.

Hi all

Anyone got a Catlike Whisper Plus helmet retention strap (or know of a local bike shop that may have)? 

Item unavailable/out of stock at usual online shopping sites.

Thanks

Peter

Image-weightweenies.png

They Shimano called that Derailleur version a "Rapid Rise." If you can't get the Rapid Rise they still use a standard shifter, so you could use any 9 Spd derailleur with your existing shifter, just loosing the Normal Low capability. 

Looking for a Front Derailleur and shifter if anyone has one lying around. I run a 2x11 Shimano setup and my front shifter is giving me hassle. Derialleur is still fine but limiting screws have seized although if I shift fast it always pushes the chain over the top chainring.

Cape Town area - In Tokai

Edited by Fitbull

54 minutes ago, Fitbull said:

Looking for a Front Derailleur and shifter if anyone has one lying around. I run a 2x11 Shimano setup and my front shifter is giving me hassle. Derialleur is still fine but limiting screws have seized although if I shift fast it always pushes the chain over the top chainring.

Cape Town area - In Tokai

I have about 50 FD's and shifters here with me, I absolutely hate a FD, that's the first thing to go when I do a build 😁. What type is it? You get quite a few options. I can send it via Postnet. 

2 hours ago, Sepia said:

Hi Robert

Hi there, I do yes, I have a few. Maybe 3 or 4. 

2 hours ago, RobertWhitehead said:

I have about 50 FD's and shifters here with me, I absolutely hate a FD, that's the first thing to go when I do a build 😁. What type is it? You get quite a few options. I can send it via Postnet. 

Hi Robert, I have a XT shifter and derailleur but I'm really not fussed if it's SLX or whatever. I will be back in JHB in 2 weeks. Can try make a plan when I'm back to collect. Thanks.

Thanks Robert.  What are you asking for the RD?

(9sp Shimano XT 7500)?

Edited by Sepia