The "I need something you might throw away" thread

Kalahari Vegmot

17 hours ago, Dexter-morgan said:

@ouzoI have Shifter/Brake lever combo, if you can make it work but they are 8 speed

Thanks Dexter, I'm going to check out the one that Decathlon sell first and then take it from there.

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm looking fro a front derailer clamp for my mtb. currently running 1x11 setup 11-40 with a 32t chainring. i have the 2nd shifter and front derailer. bike is a older 27.5b titan racing, but it does not have the built on clamp or one that comes with the FD. so looking at doing a 2x11 setup, but need a specific clamp

1 hour ago, Stevie G said:

I'm looking fro a front derailer clamp for my mtb. currently running 1x11 setup 11-40 with a 32t chainring. i have the 2nd shifter and front derailer. bike is a older 27.5b titan racing, but it does not have the built on clamp or one that comes with the FD. so looking at doing a 2x11 setup, but need a specific clamp

You won't be able to get just a clamp if I understand your requirement correctly. You will need to replace the FD. But ya, send me a pm and I will be able to assist. 

O and PS: I would not go back to a 2x config. I would go with a 46 or 50T at the back with a 34T in the front if you stay somewhere in Gauteng and or somewhere flat and stick with the 32T if somewhere hilly 👍

Edited by RobertWhitehead
Added a PS

Looking for a small / medium bike for my gardener for commuting - his single speed that I built him that he loved was stolen last week (locked up outside his room). Onto his 5th bike in 10 years I think (and the 2 he took home to Zimbabwe for him and his wife for when he retires) - I've run out of parts now for another build and don't really have time right now to build something up anyway....

54 minutes ago, RobertWhitehead said:

You won't be able to get just a clamp if I understand your requirement correctly. You will need to replace the FD. But ya, send me a pm and I will be able to assist. 

O and PS: I would not go back to a 2x config. I would go with a 46 or 50T at the back with a 34T in the front if you stay somewhere in Gauteng and or somewhere flat and stick with the 32T if somewhere hilly 👍

OK, great then, thanks for your input. I currently have a 32t in front and have a 34t laying around. Will swop them and see how the 34t performs. You say 34 for flat surface. Doing the Argus with it, so I guess a 34 will do then. 

On 2/9/2022 at 8:48 PM, ChrisF said:

Life is tooooo short to try and fix a grip shift .....😋

So I managed to make it better.

One of the "fixes" on the net was to move the shifter slightly away from the grip which I did.

I also sprayed some Q20 where the cable runs under the BB.

I then played with the cable tension whilst playing with the indexing.

A short test ride around the neighborhood and she was able to change up and down through the cassette. It was still a little tight but alot better than before, she could actually change gears now.

12 minutes ago, ouzo said:

So I managed to make it better.

One of the "fixes" on the net was to move the shifter slightly away from the grip which I did.

I also sprayed some Q20 where the cable runs under the BB.

I then played with the cable tension whilst playing with the indexing.

A short test ride around the neighborhood and she was able to change up and down through the cassette. It was still a little tight but alot better than before, she could actually change gears now.

I found a grip shift in my box of tricks if you want it. I have both sides

1 minute ago, RobertWhitehead said:

I found a grip shift in my box of tricks if you want it. I have both sides

a trigger shift or a grip shift ? because the bike has what I call a grip shift, aka revoshift, at the moment.

5 minutes ago, ouzo said:

a trigger shift or a grip shift ? because the bike has what I call a grip shift, aka revoshift, at the moment.

20220214_142944.jpg

3 minutes ago, BikeGenie said:

Anyone looking for Altitude frame parts? Give me a shout. 

0FEF4BAB-BC40-4320-9719-C473A307D129.jpeg

Is it a whole frame? I will be keen to take it off your hands 

2 minutes ago, RobertWhitehead said:

Is it a whole frame? I will be keen to take it off your hands 

That's about all there is to it. You're welcome to it. The main part is still intact.

12 minutes ago, BikeGenie said:

Anyone looking for Altitude frame parts? Give me a shout. 

0FEF4BAB-BC40-4320-9719-C473A307D129.jpeg

EINA, what did you do to the poor thing ... 😂

5 minutes ago, BikeGenie said:

That's about all there is to it. You're welcome to it. The main part is still intact.

Cool, I will take it off your hands 👍

Just now, TheoG said:

EINA, what did you do to the poor thing ... 😂

not the first time i broke a RM... that happened on Contermans, through 100m rocks section.