The "I need something you might throw away" thread

Kalahari Vegmot

Morning All, I'm looking to purchase a good condition 26"  Alexrims DM18 front wheel with a disc brake ready hub. Shimano hub would be preferable, but not going to be fussy. Please let me know if you have one and willing to sell. Cheers, Johan

20221127_073707.jpg

Edited by Lieb47

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Not sure where to post this

I have a 2023 permit for oak valley, I got it at W2W as part of a small(ish) wine purchase. 

Free to a good home (we just need to sort out postage etc.)

5 hours ago, fanievb said:

Not sure where to post this

I have a 2023 permit for oak valley, I got it at W2W as part of a small(ish) wine purchase. 

Free to a good home (we just need to sort out postage etc.)

I'll take it please if someone hasn't already.

Hi All,

Asking if anyone has an old 8 speed group set and or mechanical brake calipers laying around that's no longer used?

Have a project which has a few missing items.

Left shifter/ lever shifter combo.

Mechanical disc brake caliper/s.

I have one of each as per the pics below.

Thanks, Johan 

20221203_180318.jpg

20221203_180323.jpg

20221203_180326.jpg

Edited by Lieb47

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Everyone…

I’m not sure if anyone can help…

Scott Spark 960 (2016) - Swingarm

I was stoked to manage to get my hands on a second hand frame (quite affordably I might add) from the UK. It’s a very long story, but a long trip and some squashed luggage later and it seems the rear triangle (swingarm) is now skew 😔.

I have wanted to upgrade to a dual suspension for a long time and now finally bit the bullet on this mission. I’ve already paid to convert my headset and everything, to be able keep all the components from my old bike (Scott Scale) but am looking for a second hand, not bent, rear triangle, or even just the chainstay? Please let me know if you have and what the cost would be? Please and thank you in advance.

9 minutes ago, thetrainerjames said:

Hi Everyone…

I’m not sure if anyone can help…

Scott Spark 960 (2016) - Swingarm

I was stoked to manage to get my hands on a second hand frame (quite affordably I might add) from the UK. It’s a very long story, but a long trip and some squashed luggage later and it seems the rear triangle (swingarm) is now skew 😔.

I have wanted to upgrade to a dual suspension for a long time and now finally bit the bullet on this mission. I’ve already paid to convert my headset and everything, to be able keep all the components from my old bike (Scott Scale) but am looking for a second hand, not bent, rear triangle, or even just the chainstay? Please let me know if you have and what the cost would be? Please and thank you in advance.

Can you not get a local agent for Scotty's to panel beat that tri-angle straight again? 

2 minutes ago, 117 said:

Can you not get a local agent for Scotty's to panel beat that tri-angle straight again? 

This is a great idea and tempting… I’m based in a Deep South (Fish Hoek) who would be the local agent around here? I’m not super lazy don’t worry will look into it haha.

Im semi tempted to beat it myself 😂 thing is I’m a heavy short oke… worried I mess with the integrity too much 😂

I don't know many chaps down your neck of the woods, but someone like @droo is a person I'd give a call to on that side of the tunnel 

3 minutes ago, zoobear84 said:

I have some old XT brake levers if you guys want.

Pics on request - just have to pull them out.

Hi, I sent you a DM.

Edited by Lieb47

Hi all definitely not a throw away part but I am in need of an Ultegra RX rear mech ? Or a GRX rear mech 11 Speed ? 

thanks ! 

Hi All, I'm looking to see if anyone is interested in swopping this Rock Shox BAR rear shock for a good condition MTB 29" disc brake rear wheel. Nothing fancy, for a cassette up to 10 speed. Let me know if interested.

20221217_081047.jpg

20221217_081028.jpg

20221217_081036.jpg

I'm looking for the attached. It's a Shimano rear derailleur axle unit for a road bike. You need to remove it if you have a direct mount hanger. Willing to pay or if anyone know what store sells it.

IMG-20221217-WA0082.jpg

Edited by Arrie