The "I need something you might throw away" thread

Kalahari Vegmot

Anyone have a damaged Rockshox Reverb Stealth they are looking to get rid of? I need the connecting hardware as per the pic below:

image.png.32f3af3dbbbc45a0c405cf3ab317e47f.png

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Does anybody have an old 26er rigid fork? The one that takes the starnut and stem cap, not the old threaded one. Looking to build a 26" bmx with an old frame I have laying around. Please pm me, struggling to find one locally

I bought a set of tektro Novela calipers to fix a guys bike. Trying to solve this pig of a bike out before i end up spending the same amount a replacement would cost.

The bolt spacing on the Tektros is 75mm but the bikes adapters and current calipers have a 70mm bolt spacing. 

Anyone possibly have a set of adapters that will work.  @Barry, i recall you said you had a box of various adapters a while back, any chance on this one?

Pics attached with old and new caliper. The adapter is for a 160mm rotor. 

IMG_20231108_101612.jpg

IMG_20231108_101636.jpg

IMG_20231108_101648.jpg

Edited by RossTopher

27 minutes ago, RossTopher said:

I bought a set of tektro Novela calipers to fix a guys bike. Trying to solve this pig of a bike out before i end up spending the same amount a replacement would cost.

The bolt spacing on the Tektros is 75mm but the bikes adapters and current calipers have a 70mm bolt spacing. 

Anyone possibly have a set of adapters that will work.  @Barry, i recall you said you had a box of various adapters a while back, any chance on this one?

Pics attached with old and new caliper. The adapter is for a 160mm rotor. 

IMG_20231108_101612.jpg

IMG_20231108_101636.jpg

IMG_20231108_101648.jpg

Hi, i had a look and i only have 75mm adaptors. The problem would be the frame and fork are 70 so need to convert or cut that adaptor.

Edited by Barry

15 minutes ago, Barry said:

Hi, i had a look and i only have 75mm adaptors. The problem would be the frame and fork are 70 so need to convert or cut that adaptor.

thanks Barry, the 75's would work perfeclty. its one of those Melinda bikes and the mounting of adapter to frame is fairly flexible, large section to bolt on. it was just getting the caliper onto an adapter.

would you be able to send me a couple via Pudo?

9 minutes ago, RossTopher said:

thanks Barry, the 75's would work perfeclty. its one of those Melinda bikes and the mounting of adapter to frame is fairly flexible, large section to bolt on. it was just getting the caliper onto an adapter.

would you be able to send me a couple via Pudo?

Sure no problem. Pop me a DM.

I am looking for a braze-on front deraileur adapter for a 50mm chainline - you see these on tandems, or even wider options on fat bikes. anyone know where I'd get one.

Happy to pay.

Yo! Looking for a 165mm or 160mm 1x10 Crankset for a budget build kids MTB. Anyone with something cheapish lying around they’d be willing to sell/pass on pls let me know 🙏

Edited by Spookie

Recently saw Nils at Woodstock Cycles making a crankset shorter .

Drilled a hole for the pedal , threaded it and cut off the unwanted extra bit of the crank

2 hours ago, Prince Albert Cycles said:

Recently saw Nils at Woodstock Cycles making a crankset shorter .

Drilled a hole for the pedal , threaded it and cut off the unwanted extra bit of the crank

Thanks, I’m hoping for a slightly less labour intensive method 😂 but impressive that he can do something like that!