The "I need something you might throw away" thread

Kalahari Vegmot

Hi Hubbers 

I need of something weird 

dead 34.9 droper posts , like they don't have to be working at all , they don't even need the insides to be there 

If its just the outsides then cool ....34.9 seatposts ( I haven't seen many ) will also work 

CAn trade cash , beer , cupcakes or smarties :)

REV160_2-min1_127_1_129_1.jpg

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

On 11/11/2023 at 6:35 PM, Prince Albert Cycles said:

Recently saw Nils at Woodstock Cycles making a crankset shorter .

Drilled a hole for the pedal , threaded it and cut off the unwanted extra bit of the crank

I did this with a set of Original Lyne alu cranks to make them 145mm 

Took all of 45 minutes

Black 170mm drive side 105 crank and chainrings… I recently got 105 stages crank. Looking for a black drive side crank? Anyone have anything available? Ideal 10 speed guy sonce the rest of the gearset is 10 speed tiagra. 

Edited by thetrainerjames

On 11/18/2023 at 1:42 PM, BaGearA said:

Hi Hubbers 

I need of something weird 

dead 34.9 droper posts , like they don't have to be working at all , they don't even need the insides to be there 

If its just the outsides then cool ....34.9 seatposts ( I haven't seen many ) will also work 

CAn trade cash , beer , cupcakes or smarties :)

REV160_2-min1_127_1_129_1.jpg

Bump :)

18 hours ago, BaGearA said:

Bump :)

I know of a bike shop in EL that has a 34.9 post, can get it here. But then again, I am sure there's better options :oops:

• 2 weeks later...

Looking for a Rockshox fork thru axle (non boost)any condition as long as it screws in if that makes sense ... doesn't matter if the Allen key thingy is stripped or that 'quick release' tighten lever gadget is broken or doesn't work

Fanks

Ben

53 minutes ago, NotSoBigBen said:

Looking for a Rockshox fork thru axle (non boost)any condition as long as it screws in if that makes sense ... doesn't matter if the Allen key thingy is stripped or that 'quick release' tighten lever gadget is broken or doesn't work

Fanks

Ben

I might have one in the big red box

1 hour ago, NotSoBigBen said:

Fanks

Ben

I have just the axle the QR lever is AWOL. 

20231201_192508.jpg

On 10/5/2023 at 6:39 PM, NotSoBigBen said:

I may but not yet, I have this idea I'm busy with to use 2*18650's and 1 of the 'control units' in a 3D printed 'container' for want of a better word

Busy with the design, hope to print a prototype in the coming days

I'll keep y'all updated

Did you ever find those 18650 batteries? I tried to import some a while back but customs said no..

I have one old unit that I'd like to have a go at re-equipping

Coincidently got 2 from my son's mate, a 'vaper', just this week. Need to just get finished with 2 other projects I'm busy with then that's the next thing 😎

I know the chances are remote but is there a hubber that could perhaps help out with something similar? 

To hang a 17kg , large frame mtb 

shopping.jpeg

15 minutes ago, BaGearA said:

I know the chances are remote but is there a hubber that could perhaps help out with something similar? 

To hang a 17kg , large frame mtb 

shopping.jpeg

I have two lying in the Wendy