Experience with CRC's move from DHL to SkyNet?

Eugene Brown

Hi guys, I use a service from Aramex called global shopper. It's R150 for a lifetime membership and you get a local shipping address in 240cities around the world. It usually takes seven days from the parcel arriving at their depot in any country to get to my door and you can even buy from sites that do not ship to South Africa. Minimum charge is R200 for 500g on a sliding scale as the weight goes up. About 60% of the time my goods have gone through customs with no extra charges.https://www.aramexglobalshopper.comff52960e13ea30e788b6d7e0efeb3bbb.jpg

I like this idea that you shared Lincoln, it makes places like Holland Bike Shop and Starbike very attractive as their prices are better than CRC, but shipping from them is crippling.

Thanks for sharing.

• Replies 641
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

i hope y'all having such a horrid time with the skynet, lay complaints with CRC. I know DHL can't delivery chicken to KFC, but they were pretty good delivery from CRC.

Also, voting with the wallet helps too, but do leave a terse little parting message for CRC.

i hope y'all having such a horrid time with the skynet, lay complaints with CRC. I know DHL can't delivery chicken to KFC, but they were pretty good delivery from CRC.

Also, voting with the wallet helps too, but do leave a terse little parting message for CRC.

No response yet on my complaint mail.

I have not received my CRC order via Skynet yet, and I cannot track.

What I have read here made me mail them. If Skynet charges R450 clearance vs DHL R150, I will not be using CRC anymore.

I told them that. If all here mail them with the same conclusion about their future buying decisions I am sure they will have a re look if we are a significant market for them.

Their response

Hi Danie,

Thanks for taking time to provide us with your feedback.

I am sorry to hear you were unhappy with the courier used.

I will pass this feedback onto the relevant teams. We listen closely to all the feedback we are provided with and we work hard on continual improvements by having a robust internal feedback process.

Should you require further assistance, please do not hesitate to contact us.

We would really appreciate your feedback by clicking on one of the options below. Overall, how easy was it to get the help you wanted today?

Very Easy

Fairly Easy

Neither Easy/Difficult

Fairly Difficult

Very Difficult

Thanks,

I got this reply.

"Thanks for taking time to provide us with your feedback.

I will pass this feedback onto the relevant teams. We listen closely to all the feedback we are provided with and we work hard on continual improvements by having a robust internal feedback process.

Should you require further assistance, please do not hesitate to contact us.

We would really appreciate your feedback by clicking on one of the options below.  Overall, how easy was it to get the help you wanted today?"

Very Easy
Fairly Easy
Neither Easy/Difficult
Fairly Difficult
Very Difficult

Thanks,

So I received a response also....

Thanks for your email. Sorry to read you have had this experience.

At this time, SkyNet have our contract for express deliveries to South Africa, so we can only apologise fo the customs processing with them has been slower than you have come to expect with your previous orders.

i will pass your feedback on to the relevant department.

Thanks,

Think everybody should query their concern first.

When all received the same response, we start round 2

We all individually ask why do we all get the same generic reply

But guess they already have a generic reply in place for that as well  :D

Also got this reply on my email to them:

customerservice@chainreactioncycles.com

Reply all|

Yesterday, 03:30 PM

You

Hi Coenie,
Thanks for your email.
I understand your frustration at the additional charges that you have incurred upon receipt of your order. I'm sorry for any disappointment caused by this.
Courier administration charges are levied, on occasion, by our courier partners and are an additional charge that we cannot predict. Various factors affect whether there is an additional courier charge to be levied – the courier, the size of parcel, whether the customer has an account with the courier, the contents etc.
We chose our couriers based on their ability to offer speed of delivery, reliability, a tracked service and a reduced postage cost that we can pass on to our customers. We know that some couriers charge additional costs and we do try to balance this cost by providing really low shipping costs, in many cases free shipping, and to be up front, on our site, about the additional charges that could be applied in your country.
We always use customer opinion to make improvements to how we do our business and I will ensure your feedback is pushed to the Global Shipping Team.
If you have any further queries please don't hesitate to get in touch with us again.

We would really appreciate your feedback by clicking on one of the options below.  Overall, how easy was it to get the help you wanted today?
Thanks,
Miriam

​Edit: Maybe if everybody email them they would consider not using Skynet anymore.
Edited by CJ Van

Reply all|

You

Hi Coenie,
Thanks for your email.
I understand your frustration at the additional charges that you have incurred upon receipt of your order. I'm sorry for any disappointment caused by this.
Courier administration charges are levied, on occasion, by our courier partners and are an additional charge that we cannot predict. Various factors affect whether there is an additional courier charge to be levied – the courier, the size of parcel, whether the customer has an account with the courier, the contents etc.
We chose our couriers based on their ability to offer speed of delivery, reliability, a tracked service and a reduced postage cost that we can pass on to our customers. We know that some couriers charge additional costs and we do try to balance this cost by providing really low shipping costs, in many cases free shipping, and to be up front, on our site, about the additional charges that could be applied in your country.
We always use customer opinion to make improvements to how we do our business and I will ensure your feedback is pushed to the Global Shipping Team.
If you have any further queries please don't hesitate to get in touch with us again.

We would really appreciate your feedback by clicking on one of the options below.  Overall, how easy was it to get the help you wanted today?
Thanks,
Miriam

​Edit: Maybe if everybody email them they would consider not using Skynet anymore.

same as the response I got. see page 1 (second post) of this threat.

Reply all|

You

Hi Coenie,
Thanks for your email.

Thanks,
Miriam

DHL outdid Skynet on all these points so why the change

Hi All,

Had a similar recent experience, getting "stung" by SkyNet for the Admin Fee of R402.50 which was not expected. Ordered a XTR 11s i spec-ii rear shifter from CRC on 20 April 2018 and it eventually got delivered in Cape Town late 02 May. The hassle and delay with SkyNet and the added cost means it would probably have been cheaper to have bought same from CWC - live and learn !

Anyway, I have sent CRC customer service my two cents worth on the negative experience and hopefully all the complaints will gain some traction for us poor peeps.

Hi All,

Had a similar recent experience, getting "stung" by SkyNet for the Admin Fee of R402.50 which was not expected. Ordered a XTR 11s i spec-ii rear shifter from CRC on 20 April 2018 and it eventually got delivered in Cape Town late 02 May. The hassle and delay with SkyNet and the added cost means it would probably have been cheaper to have bought same from CWC - live and learn !

Anyway, I have sent CRC customer service my two cents worth on the negative experience and hopefully all the complaints will gain some traction for us poor peeps.

ai

Will be sending an email now. Ordered R350 bars on the 25th and they are still at customs? Never have I waited this long. If I get charged R400 for admin it would be cheaper to let them keep the bars.

All the courier companies seem to charge an "Admin Fee" for customs clearing even if shipping is prepaid (ie TNT R437) which is utter nonsense if one is paying shipping upfront.

FFS!!!!

Not good news for getting goodies.

Happy to pay extra for goodies if it arrives swiftly... paying extra with some amount of frustration sucks.