Experience with CRC's move from DHL to SkyNet?

Eugene Brown

Make sure you use the local tracking after it cleared customs, not international tracking.   Mine did not show any updates on international until was delivered, but local tracking showed last few steps

That's for parcels that come via SAPO - Air Mail Parcel Post and EMS

Exactly WHY they have to have a local  tracking number of top of a unique international tracking number escapes me, I can only see disadvantages. But Post Office has not had a history of innovation and enlightened thinking.

All other shipping has a unique waybill number

• Replies 641
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

someone should maybe sent a link of this to crc. .  the tymes i called skynet, the phone just rang. no anwer.

Contacted tgem via fb and they gave bs answers like it takes 48hrs to clear customs???

They don't care. Only response I get from them is that they have no influence on how long it takes to clear customs. 

I keep mailing Skynet UK who mail Skynet ZA. They not very helpful but they do apologize alot. Guess they know how useless their counterparts in SA are.  Paid customs on Sunday and still waiting for the status to change from On Hold - Customs - Awaiting Customs Clearance

someone should maybe sent a link of this to crc. .  the tymes i called skynet, the phone just rang. no anwer.

Contacted tgem via fb and they gave bs answers like it takes 48hrs to clear customs???

I've sent CRC the link twice! Even asked then to forward "our" concerns to their management.

They replied:

"Thanks for the quick reply and for providing me with a copy of the invoice paid to receive the parcel.

As you are already aware we have no impact on the delivery charges levied by couriers as handling fees, but I do take on board your comments and the additional comments made by several other customers who have had a similar experience.

I have passed all of this information on to our shipping team for their information."

And offered 20GBP voucher...

I do have the e-mail adress of the person who send me the invoice. Maybe I should send an e-mail every hour asking when...

I don't suppose your contact is Dalene? She has a Master's Degree in ignoring me.

I don't suppose your contact is Dalene? She has a Master's Degree in ignoring me.

My ignore with scripted response comes from Kris.

order placed 18.4.2018.......received today.

one pair of cycling shoes

What was the duty on the shoes - I have had from 25% -40% on items.

Thanks

Have to say, all my correspondence from Dalene has been short, to the point and successful.

First parcel from CRC took 15 days!

Second parcel, shipped more or less the same time (split order), I guess will arrive end of this week or next week - so 17 - 20 days? For express airfreight! That used to take 3 - 4 days with DHL at half the admin fee! Something does not make sense...

That's for parcels that come via SAPO - Air Mail Parcel Post and EMS

Exactly WHY they have to have a local  tracking number of top of a unique international tracking number escapes me, I can only see disadvantages. But Post Office has not had a history of innovation and enlightened thinking.

All other shipping has a unique waybill number

nope, Skynet

there local system don't link with international realtime

LOL, I feel your pain... 

What was the duty on the shoes - I have had from 25% -40% on items.

Thanks

30% duty

plus VAT

R402.50 "admin fee"

:unsure:

Have to say, all my correspondence from Dalene has been short, to the point and successful.

Maybe she'll tell you why she wont send my parcel?

Whats the number to call SkyNet to get the clearance process sped up? 

Well as much as possible?

Whats the number to call SkyNet to get the clearance process sped up? 

Well as much as possible?

When I was disputing my admin fee I was in contact with the following people (A new name got cc'd in after every reply as if to say "ah cute, the peasants are trying to rise up").

Emmah Matlhoko <emmahm@skynet.co.za> <--- International Entry Clerk (and sender of invoices)

Maxeen Naidoo <maxeenn@skynet.co.za> <--- Imports Admin Supervisor

ristan <ristan@skynet.co.za>

Vicky Bettermann <Vicky.Bettermann@skynetworldwide.com>

I emailed Emmah after I paid in order to get updates on my shipment.

I understand that these people are just doing their jobs and that SkyNet International probably sets the rules, it just sucks.

In other news, My package did arrive, 2 weeks later, with half the contents missing. I suspect this is a CRC problem and not a Skynet problem though. My concern is, if CRC send my missing items, am I going to be charged and admin fee again? I refuse

IMHO SkyNet is running a circus. Anyone involved in the clearing of international parcels knows that you need an invoice to clear against, a contact number for the consignee (semi-optional) and their ID number.

I received an email from Dalene on Sunday morning, 6 May asking for my telephone number, and responded that evening.

I received another email from Dalene on Monday morning, 7 May, asking for my ID number, and responded about 2 hours later.

Silence

I then sent an email on Wednesday morning, 9 May, asking when I would receive an invoice to pay against, as I had paid for the express delivery service (3-5 working days), and as 5 days had now passed without any sign of delivery, I was now getting frustrated.

Just after lunch on 9 May, I received an email with an invoice, saying that "Once payment has been made kindly send us proof of payment so that we can submit your documents to customs to release your parcel."

In other words, my parcel had not even been submitted to customs yet! That really gets my acid level up :cursing:  

Their whole MO is to make it appear that customs is the blocker when in fact they are just stalling as long as possible...

Then when they send their status reports each month to CRC or whoever else, it just shows that they did their part in record time, but Customs is useless (which is not the case!).

IMHO SkyNet is running a circus. Anyone involved in the clearing of international parcels knows that you need an invoice to clear against, a contact number for the consignee (semi-optional) and their ID number.

I received an email from Dalene on Sunday morning, 6 May asking for my telephone number, and responded that evening.

I received another email from Dalene on Monday morning, 7 May, asking for my ID number, and responded about 2 hours later.

Silence

I then sent an email on Wednesday morning, 9 May, asking when I would receive an invoice to pay against, as I had paid for the express delivery service (3-5 working days), and as 5 days had now passed without any sign of delivery, I was now getting frustrated.

Just after lunch on 9 May, I received an email with an invoice, saying that "Once payment has been made kindly send us proof of payment so that we can submit your documents to customs to release your parcel."

In other words, my parcel had not even been submitted to customs yet! That really gets my acid level up :cursing: