Experience with CRC's move from DHL to SkyNet?

Eugene Brown

I don't think i've dealt with a more useless bunch than Skynet ever before in my life.

That was my impression too, until I came across Parcel Force.

If I had known then what I know now...

What's also frustrating is the store's "we have no say in their operations" attitude.

This after securing sale by making certain disclosures/commitments about delivery.

Edited by Thomo

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 641
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Bought a groupset on the 20th of December, it got shipped with Skynet, arrived in Jozi on the 24th. Been sitting in customs ever since. Anything I need to do to get it out or will it arrive at some time with a bill for any duties?

Bought a groupset on the 20th of December, it got shipped with Skynet, arrived in Jozi on the 24th. Been sitting in customs ever since. Anything I need to do to get it out or will it arrive at some time with a bill for any duties?

That's the easy and reasonably efficient part.

Now you wait for Skynet to liaise with customs.

2-3 weeks if you're lucky before Skynet contact you to pay admin and duties.

Then another couple of days before they deliver.

Can you do anything.?

You can try contacting them but I'm not convinced that it makes any difference.

Bought parts off Merlin at 9pm on the 31st of December for a road bike build I'm doing.   They just got delivered.

UPS is consistently the best.   I choose online retailers purely because they use UPS.   ALL the other companies can go suck a bag of dicks.

Merlin for bike parts,  BHPhoto for camera parts (NYC to CPT in 3 days, consistently), etc.    

EDIT TO ADD:   At least when you phone UPS, they give a damn, answer queries instantly and even push your stuff through customs.  NEVER ever had an issue.

Edited by Simon123

That's the easy and reasonably efficient part.

Now you wait for Skynet to liaise with customs.

2-3 weeks if you're lucky before Skynet contact you to pay admin and duties.

Then another couple of days before they deliver.

Can you do anything.?

You can try contacting them but I'm not convinced that it makes any difference.

Well at least I know there isn't much to do about it. Thanks for the info. 

Bought parts off Merlin at 9pm on the 31st of December for a road bike build I'm doing. They just got delivered.

UPS is consistently the best. I choose online retailers purely because they use UPS. ALL the other companies can go suck a bag of dicks.

Merlin for bike parts, BHPhoto for camera parts (NYC to CPT in 3 days, consistently), etc.

EDIT TO ADD: At least when you phone UPS, they give a damn, answer queries instantly and even push your stuff through customs. NEVER ever had an issue.

I've also been singing Merlin/UPS praises but seems even they can get it wrong over festive period.

3 weeks and counting ... and comms hasn't been great either.

Perhaps just a once off glitch.

I would probably still go Merlin again ahead of CRC.

Edited by Thomo

That was my impression too, until I came across Parcel Force.

If I had known then what I know now...

What's also frustrating is the store's "we have no say in their operations" attitude.

This after securing sale by making certain disclosures/commitments about delivery.

So after being MIA for more than a month, finally some contact re package.

Patience really is a virtue.

Let's hope all in once piece still.

So, called Skynet in the UK who were shocked I hadn't been contacted when it arrived on the 24th. They passed me to the Wiggle Department in Skynet that were equally shocked that I hadn't been given the customs bill already. Got given 2 SA numbers to ring (one JHB and one CT) 'because the JHB people may not answer'. Rang the JHB number and had a very helpful day who passed on the number for a lady called Delize at their airport branch. Called that and after a while on hold got told by Delize that it was there and if I gave her my ID number then she would send an invoice today and put it in for clearance. 

Seems promising. Seems also that I should have rung earlier and the label on the tracking 'in customs awaiting clearance' wasn't exactly correct! All good though, just hoping that the invoice comes out today and we can get trucking. 

Same frustrations with Skynet from Chainreaction that everyone else seems to be having... Finally got hold of them today so fingers crossed. Order shipped on the 5th of December... grrrrr

Care to share those contact numbers.?

Could be handy in future.

For sure: 

JHB Offices: +27 11 586 1000

CT: +27 21 590 3200

Airport Office: +27 11 571 1905 (Speak to Delize) 

This has put me off CRC now you can not order Shimano or SRAM from SA, it put me off them completely, this is just the icing on the cake.

For sure:

JHB Offices: +27 11 586 1000

CT: +27 21 590 3200

Airport Office: +27 11 571 1905 (Speak to Delize)

Thx - appreciate it.

Not planning on ordering from them anytime soon given current service standards, but you never know when it could be handy.

My order shipped on 20 November, paid customs on 28th Nov and sent POP. Got contacted again 21 Dec by a different guy asking for POP so I resent it and haven't heard back from them since.

I mailed CRC to complain Dec 28, they said they would pick it up with Skynet and expect and answer in 5 business days. Still no answer. Moaned at them again yesterday.

First and last time I'm using CRC as long as they're with Skynet. The SA skynet people don't bother replying to my emails to request progress updates.

I mailed CRC to complain Dec 28, they said they would pick it up with Skynet and expect and answer in 5 business days. Still no answer. Moaned at them again yesterday.

CRC don't seem at all interested in the SkynetSA shenanigans.

You'll get some standard, we'll look into it response from them ... perhaps an offer to refund your shipping charge.

But it seems Skynet is here to stay.

So for me, item price has to be really good or item unavailable elsewhere, and not needed urgently.

Edited by Thomo

Well I suppose when you live at the bottom end of Africa what else are we to expect. The fact that **** really worked well prior to 94 means nothing to the current regime. All the government departments are falling apart. Bribery corruption.... This SkyNet change smacks of something similar. We the people who make the country run simply get held over a barrel and rodgered by the regime and its cronies at every opportunity.