bike-components.de - Any reviews

Lance Roberts

Hi guys,

Has anyone used the above mentioned online shop before?

Looking at getting some parts from them and just wanted to see if there have been any negative dealings with them.

They seem to use DHL as courier, which is a positive, and their prices are not too bad either.

Just double check if it is DHL courier or DHL Deutsche Post

I know Bike24 in Germany uses DHL Deutsche Post.  Goes through SAPO and mine usually takes about two weeks from order date to be delivered.

I know Bike24 in Germany uses DHL Deutsche Post.  Goes through SAPO and mine usually takes about two weeks from order date to be delivered.

I just checked and it just says "CO2 NEUTRAL, SHIPPING WITH DHL", not sure what that means. I hope it doesn't go a SAPO speed... That could take forever.

Thanks for the link, search all over to see if there was already a thread regarding this.

Looks like it's DHL courier, but can't be sure unless they specifically state it...

"Shipment

We ship your goods CO2-neutral with DHL.

In-stock items will be shipped within Germany in 1-2 working days, within Europe in 2-5 working days, and worldwide in 5-8 business days.

In-stock complete bikes are shipped by special freight carriers. Delivery takes 4-8 business days within Germany and up to 15 business days within Europe.

Terms of delivery outside the EU

In case of deliveries outside of the European Union, we will subtract the german VAT (19%).

If you are a not a EU resident and you plan to take your ordered goods from Germany outside of the European Union, you can find the necessary VAT exemption form (in German) under the following link: "

Looks like it's DHL courier, but can't be sure unless they specifically state it...

"Shipment

We ship your goods CO2-neutral with DHL.

In-stock items will be shipped within Germany in 1-2 working days, within Europe in 2-5 working days, and worldwide in 5-8 business days.

In-stock complete bikes are shipped by special freight carriers. Delivery takes 4-8 business days within Germany and up to 15 business days within Europe.

Terms of delivery outside the EU

In case of deliveries outside of the European Union, we will subtract the german VAT (19%).

If you are a not a EU resident and you plan to take your ordered goods from Germany outside of the European Union, you can find the necessary VAT exemption form (in German) under the following link: "

Carbon neutral is post.... sit back and wait.

I use them, but then ship to a German address and then hand carry it here myself.

Carbon neutral is post.... sit back and wait.

I use them, but then ship to a German address and then hand carry it here myself.

So do you manage to avoid paying mwst (their version of VAT)? How strict are customs when returning to SA from Germany?

• 3 months later...

I have used them a few times. The first time I used the DHL Paket option and saw my goods get lost for almost three months. The delay was with the SAPO, as usual. I have subsequently used my own courier to collect and airfreight to SA. I usually get my parcel in about 8 days. Bike Components.de is a very professional company offering an excellent service with good pricing. It’s cheaper for me to buy from them, pay their VAT and airfreight to SA than it is to buy locally ( most of the time ). Now that the Rand has gone for a ball of **** one needs to do some homework.

I bought my Renthal cockpit through them as their pricing was great.

It ended up coming through SAPO and that was not so great. Waited 2 months for my goods.

Other than that their service is great, great pricing too.

Yup, I can confirm this too. Avoid it unless you can afford to wait up to two months. The delay is all on our side, the overseas part is fairly efficient. 

I have used them.

It's not courier.  It's SAPO.