Titan Dual Susser Bikes

Hi..I'm in the market for a new duel susension bike but limited to R20 000...ai...state employer:)

What is you take on the new Titan Sonic Elite 2018 bike?

Would you take it before the Silverback Sido 3???

I do marathon rides as well as trails......

Which would be the better one....lol

Thatnks

Sorry if this is a high-jack, but I believe it is within the same train of thought:

I am also looking to get a Dual Susser in the medium term, but I have zero experience with them.

Irrespective of whether I buy new or 2nd hand, I have no idea as to what brands I should be looking out for.

Groupset levels are clearly set out for Shimano and SRAM, so you can compare potential bikes on their component spec levels. That is the easy part.

But how do you decide between a Giant, Spez, Scott, Cannondale and all the other options? There surely isn't a "bad" bicycle brand in these price brackets?

So does it come down to personal preference? If I can use the Car analogy: BMW, Merc and Audi are relatively similar and you wont go wrong buying either of these, but the cars do have a unique character about them which you only really realise when driving them.

So is the answer to go and test ride as many different brand bikes?

Sorry if this is a high-jack, but I believe it is within the same train of thought:

I am also looking to get a Dual Susser in the medium term, but I have zero experience with them.

Irrespective of whether I buy new or 2nd hand, I have no idea as to what brands I should be looking out for.

Groupset levels are clearly set out for Shimano and SRAM, so you can compare potential bikes on their component spec levels. That is the easy part.

But how do you decide between a Giant, Spez, Scott, Cannondale and all the other options? There surely isn't a "bad" bicycle brand in these price brackets?

So does it come down to personal preference? If I can use the Car analogy: BMW, Merc and Audi are relatively similar and you wont go wrong buying either of these, but the cars do have a unique character about them which you only really realise when driving them.

So is the answer to go and test ride as many different brand bikes?

Really, Bike manufacturers really only make the frame. So it is more a situation of getting the right geometry for your body and type of riding style. And each brand tend to have frames & travel for all the 'disciplines. 

So testing various bikes is probably ideal.

As they would say in order of priority - Frame, then Wheels and then Groupset

head to mello vello boradacres if you can. they stock the Norco bikes that are out of Canada - entry level about 23 k - slightly up from that about 26 then >>>>>> from there, BUT, from what I have seen even the entry level ones are better spec than the Titan. :mellow:

Really, Bike manufacturers really only make the frame. So it is more a situation of getting the right geometry for your body and type of riding style. And each brand tend to have frames & travel for all the 'disciplines. 

So testing various bikes is probably ideal.

As they would say in order of priority - Frame, then Wheels and then Groupset

Cool.

I went for a proper bikefit before buying my road bike, to ensure I have the correct geometry. I have been happy ever since.

So, in an ideal world:

1. Go for proper Bikefit, which should then dictate the stack and reach dimensions to fit your body.

2. Browse Frame geometries and find bike models which can be set up to reach those dimensions.

3. Ride a couple of bikes with varying headtube angles, to find the geometry which fits your style.

3. Start shopping around for the specific stack, reach, headtube and seat tube angle. Either just the frames or the complete bicycles.

For the 20k price bracket i will definitely look at secondhand. you can get very nice specced bikes in that price range.

titan/silverback both god bang for buck. Giant might also have something decent in that spec.

FYI

Dual suspension

Skyrim-Elite-zoom_1024x1024.jpg?v=151066

Duel suspension

7wmqBnNdR7-12.png

Just looking at the used bikes on this site in that price range, I reckon your budget hits the sweet spot for buying a really good used dual suss. And there seems to be a slight oversupply...

Have fun, but just make sure that if you buy secondhand, the wear and tear items still have good life left in them.

Hi..I'm in the market for a new duel susension bike but limited to R20 000...ai...state employer:)

Thatnks

Spend the extra 4k now and get a Skyrim Elite, best choice you will make

http://cyclefactory.co.za/shop/bicycles/tita2018-titan-elite-27-5-plus/

Thatnks

From the 2 bikes on your list it seems you are looking for a "short" travel XC bike, and a 29'er?

Both your choices seem nice, I'd personally throw my money at the Silverback; only due to personal choice.

I don't know about their current bikes, but I had a Titan carbon 29er in 2012 and I was pretty stoked with the bike.

if 20k is your complete budget the titan expert is the way to go ,the bike comes out with tubeless tyres .its a plus frame with internal cabling .the silverback sprint is a similar price and spec except it has a slightly cheaper rear shock but gets a dropper post,but no tubeless tyres .

So silverback if you ride mostly trails 

titan if you ride mostly marathon

Depends on your riding style ie XC Trail.. etc. I would suggest a Silverback Slider 2 which has good components. A 2017 version should be under 20k or a pre-owned here in the hug

Archived