Knee Guards

Anine

Can't find anything online in SA anymore other than a couple of Recon Knee Pads from 2017. I don't like the sleeve style. Needs to have a strap at the top so I can cut circulation to my feet while trying my best to not have them slide down.

HAHAHA I have ones with a strap on top. Numbness is the essence of fast......

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

My search continues and to be honest getting very frustrating.

Coming from the free state means I have legs used to anchor ourselves in the August winds that rage through the platteland. I need an XL.

ION’s idea of an XL is someone that skips leg day about 6 days a week.

Leatt is too bulky and based on my previous interactions with them won’t see my money again.

Fox Enduro sleeve is like a leg warmer that keeps sliding down.

POC is out of stock and their local distributor has changed so no idea of new stock until October.

Dakine looked great, ordered, and.... sorry sir but our supplier is out of stock. Your website showed two pairs available.

Now what... any other recommendations?

Outside the box, but what about these?

https://www.alpinestars.com/products/paragon-pro-knee-protector

Meant for MX, but seems to light enough as well.

Available here: https://bikerswarehouse.co.za/rider-accessories/?categories=25&sub-categories=26&SingleProduct=8817

Looked at them but sleeves stretch out and with now strap at the top they will slide down when pedalling.

Go to a material place and get some Velcro - make your own straps :)

Open design makes the pad more likely to slide off your knee in a crash. Straps also dig into your legs when wearing them on longer rides.

Open design makes the pad more likely to slide off your knee in a crash. Straps also dig into your legs when wearing them on longer rides.

Let me see if I understand: You want straps but not only straps so there must be a sleeve but it also mustn't just be a sleeve because it might slide down although sleeves get too hot on long days? - Does that just about summarise what you are looking for?  :P

Let me see if I understand: You want straps but not only straps so there must be a sleeve but it also mustn't just be a sleeve because it might slide down although sleeves get too hot on long days? - Does that just about summarise what you are looking for? :P

Sleeve and a strap.

Just bought the Leatt 3DF 6.0. Hopefully not against my better judgement.

• 2 weeks later...