Cyclist knocked down on Suikerbossie - Hout Bay

Kent

On my way home now from my morning ride coming down Suikerbossie i saw a cyclist being rear ended by a bunch of f$cking idiot superbikers flying up Suikerbossie.

Guys please keep as much as possible to the left side of the road to prevent these type of events happening. The cyclist does not look well as he was lying on the road and his bike is a mess. Very scary sight indeed! I'm one to blame riding near to traffic and this has given me a wake up call.

I hope this guy is OK who ever he is.

This is happening way to often on our roads.....

Hey guys, Kent.

The person who got hit is a friend of one of the people who lives in my complex.

I saw my neighbour driving into the complex with a bike who's rear wheel was really bent, so I asked him what happened. Apparently the rider has a broken palvis and collerbone. The motorcyclist actually got  puncture as he was riding past the cyclist and that's how the accident was caused.

However last weekend, I was riding with my team mates past Llandudno, when a guy on an old superbike in the opposing direction, over shot the corner, came over the yellow island and missed us by just 20cm, and had to dodge another motorbike on our side of the road on the yellow line!

I agree, that the superbike riders are quite dangerous. I always think, anyone can take R 50 - 100k and ride at 300km/h without any real experience or skill, which is a scary thought, not everyone is Troy Bayliss.

Aside from the accident caused by a punture.

It is Sadly a few motorcyclists that give the whole bunch a bad name, rather like cycling, The motorcyclists on Hellshoogte, Chappies, Boyes Drive, Victoria road etc... are a real pain.

Aside from the accident caused by a punture.

It is Sadly a few motorcyclists that give the whole bunch a bad name' date=' rather like cycling, The motorcyclists on Hellshoogte, Chappies, Boyes Drive, Victoria road etc... are a real pain.
[/quote']

FF, could you please clarify where you are experiencing that  "real  pain"LOL

Most of the pain seems to arrive in my glutes, which is rapidly replaced by an uncomfortable damp sensation after I soil myself, just having been buzzed by a Hayabusa at about 300 km/h leaning over the yellow line, within which I am normally suffering.

Sees now that anything on the road that is not a bicycle is a menace . The bikers has always been there when we asked them to help us in something cycling related , I think we should try and keep that partnership . God help us if a cyclist gets knocked over by a donkey cart .

First thing to see if the guy on the motorbike is half a d@@s* or not, is to look for his number plate. The same with a BMW. Ask the driver to switch on his indecater and if he can find the lever in less then seconds.

* a full d@@s can still be used for something, half of one is totally useless.

The same with a BMW. Ask the driver to switch on his indecater and if he can find the lever in less then seconds.

You can also ask them to point out where the fog light switch is without looking in the manual.

The same with a BMW. Ask the driver to switch on his indecater and if he can find the lever in less then seconds.

You can also ask them to point out where the fog light switch is without looking in the manual.

So that irritates you aswell. To tell you the Golf drivers are getting there.

Anyway, back to the topic.

Sees now that anything on the road that is not a bicycle is a menace . The bikers has always been there when we asked them to help us in something cycling related ' date=' I think we should try and keep that partnership . God help us if a cyclist gets knocked over by a donkey cart .[/quote']

Big%20smile - Nice observation DR.!

I must've seen 50plus SuperMotorBikers coming pass me heading toward stellenbosch yesterday. The MAIN peanut must've go like 400km/h cuz I only heard him and saw a black line for a split second, the rest followed in groups of 10 plus at I don't know what speed..

I heard the motorcyclist was popping a wheelly down hill and hits the poor guy on his bicycle

I heard the motorcyclist was popping a wheelly down hill and hits the poor guy on his bicycle

Lets stay with the documented version of events (as per pererace70)rather than adding unsubstantiated heresay to the mill.  Alternative state your source/s.

I was also on a Sunday morning ride in that area and was buzzed by 30 or so bikes going in the opposite direction up Chapman's Peak from Hout Bay side, some of the riders utilising the full width of the road - ie coming over onto my side of the road almost to the yellow line. 

As an ex-biker myself I know that it is fine to act like a lunatic, until there is an unforeseen event: a puncture, a piece of slate in the road, an unanticipated action by someone else, etc.  Thats when tings go Ouch

I must've seen 50plus SuperMotorBikers coming pass me heading toward stellenbosch yesterday. The MAIN peanut must've go like 400km/h cuz I only heard him and saw a black line for a split second' date=' the rest followed in groups of 10 plus at I don't know what speed..

[/quote']

jip I can vouch for that....we went up old Helshoogte while they were zooming up and down the new one, I kept on looking back cuz it sounded completely if they were going to come past me on the old pass..... eerie feeling. Thought at one stage the gate keeper was bribed to let them thru the gate.....Shocked

I just have this thing against bikers....about 14 years ago I witnessed a biker being zipped into a black body bag after he crashed into a lamp post....it is really not something I'd like to witness again in this life time once was enough. And the idea that next time it could be a cyclist and even worse, somebody I care about....well that just freaks me out Dead