Swiftcarbon South Africa

Has Swiftcarbon pulled out of South Africa completely? Can we only deal with them on their international website. I found a small crack on my frame, but it will be a massive slept to deal with them internationally.

The company was sold about 9months back. If you can get hold of them on their Facebook page you may have some joy.

Or look up Mark Blewitt on fb too. He was the founder of Swift carbon. Was told at their closing sale that the new owners would take care of warranty issues. I don't know whether there is any local representative or not

Or look up Mark Blewitt on fb too. He was the founder of Swift carbon. Was told at their closing sale that the new owners would take care of warranty issues. I don't know whether there is any local representative or not

I received the same response from him when I asked that question. Just not sure who we need to contact?

If you manage to find the correct people to contact, please share the process here - others may one day need your wisdom!

Has Swiftcarbon pulled out of South Africa completely? Can we only deal with them on their international website. I found a small crack on my frame, but it will be a massive slept to deal with them internationally.

East City Cycles, call them, maybe they can help

Jaryd, Charles and Marc are all there now

They are now a nightmare to deal with, no local representation, you deal with a guy called Klaus somewhere in Germany else a tech/mechanic in Portugal.

My mate tried an insurance replacement for his TT drone with a new Neutrogen frame and cockpit..  Originally said would take 2 weeks, 8 weeks later they still had not organised or shipped and tried sending funny invoices which SARS/bank would not accept for paying the invoice overseas.  If he had carried on dealing with Swift he would not have had a bike in time for IMSA.

In the end he used the insurance money to buy a TT bike on the hub just 2 weeks before the event because Swift had messed him around so much.

Good luck if you have to deal with Klaus in Germany, his english not the best and he seems very lax in replying to emails from what I was told

They are now a nightmare to deal with, no local representation, you deal with a guy called Klaus somewhere in Germany else a tech/mechanic in Portugal.

My mate tried an insurance replacement for his TT drone with a new Neutrogen frame and cockpit..  Originally said would take 2 weeks, 8 weeks later they still had not organised or shipped and tried sending funny invoices which SARS/bank would not accept for paying the invoice overseas.  If he had carried on dealing with Swift he would not have had a bike in time for IMSA.

In the end he used the insurance money to buy a TT bike on the hub just 2 weeks before the event because Swift had messed him around so much.

Good luck if you have to deal with Klaus in Germany, his english not the best and he seems very lax in replying to emails from what I was told

Not what I wanted to hear, damn I sent klaus an email now. Let's hope for the best.

This is exactly what scared me. Wanted to buy eviltwin for cheap when they left and no one could give me a direct answer to what happens with warranty's, just log it on the website... Sorry my trust in logging anything on web is not up there. Dammit such a cool brand.

Edited by Carmichael

This is exactly what scared me. Wanted to buy eviltwin for cheap when they left and no one could give me a direct answer to what happens with warranty's, just log it on the website... Sorry my trust in logging anything on web is not up there. Dammit such a cool brand.

The thing is, I have their mtb and road bike. So I "was" 100% committed in their brand. Charles and Marc was always so cool to deal with. I guess bigger brands are safer.

I have the Ultra Vox TI and have to admit it's probably one the best frames I ridden on...really disappointed that the situation and swift by what I am reading...was also a big advocate for the brand as I got great service while they were in SA

I had a problem with my ET and they sorted out a warranty for me quick quick. Was quite surprised actually.

I had a problem with my ET and they sorted out a warranty for me quick quick. Was quite surprised actually.

When was this?

I took the liberty of mailing Klaus (I hope his last name isn't Santa!) and received the following :

All the matters related to Warranty, sales, doubts… can be discuss directly to our main HQ in Portugal (we hope to open the new store in SA very soon).

So suggest you get onto their website and do the contact us thing and hope for the best.

Personally I would rather opt to get it sorted out through your insurer (hopefully not cycletour), cut your losses and start anew on a brand with netter support.

Swift appears to be in transition and there's a good chance you will be very running fit but still without a bike in a month

• 1 month later...

So swift eventually fixed my warranty issue. It was just a paint issue, but they replaced my frame. It took a while but happy with the results. They added a number on their website, I just sent watsapp messages to there to communicate and resolve the issue.

Such a pity when smaller brands go through things like this, lucky you got a new frame. Makes it so much more difficult for the existing small brands to establish credibility in the eyes of the public.

People get worried about things like this so spend their cash on the big brands.

I know my next bike will likely be a Cannondale or Spez.

Like buying a chinese or indian brand car that bombs out in SA then you cant get spares and warranty etc.

• 6 months later...

Hey all, 

Picking up on this, we have some good news for current Swift owners and those that are interested in the new bikes- We are coming back to SA!! 

Please visit us at the Cape Town Cycle Tour Expo to see some of the new bikes, chat and meet the local and international team. 

For any product and warranty related queries, please email jarryd@swiftcarbon.com.

We look forward to hearing from you! 

Ja, I got the "Log it on the web site" story when I bought my Swift just before they exited. I was wary & it turns out that my misgivings were well placed. They now have a lot of hard work to do to regain trust. Lets say the log it on the web site was a complete fail. I resolved my issue through the kindness of a bike shop & the fact that it involved the Mavic wheels. A frame issue & I would have been dead in the water. And exactly as someone mentioned it makes one wary to trust local guys. Because funnily enough there is another local brand I'm interested in but once bitten, twice shy...