treadmill with a damaged circuit board

Good afternoon 

does anyone know of a person that can check out my circuitboard on my treadmill and replace whatever is damaged on the board.

there was a short circuit and it has seem to have damaged something on the board so i need to get someone who knows how to check this board out and perhaps replace the damaged part .

it seems that to try and contact the suppliers in america " proform" is useless and the guy i took the treadmill to say i need a new board.

i would be most grateful for any help .

thanks   

What did they quote you for a new board? Electronic components are normally cheap, but sometimes the labour charged to repair is around the cost of a new one.

i have looked at the board but cant see any burnt parts i took it in to capetown and the guy that fixes the treadmills for the gyms just says there is something toasted on the board i dont think he quite knows how to check the board so i was thinking of getting some person who knows how to check resistors and all the other little bits on the board and if he could then say get this or this part i am totally clueless when it comes to electronics and just from looking at the board you cant see anything that has burnt .

i really dont want to buy a new traedmill as its in very good nick and it might be something very small . 

The motor and all the other parts are still in excellent condition .

Thanks 

and more often than not once the blue smoke is released. . . . . . . . game over...

wierd thing there was no blue smoke at all . when i plug it in it just trips the power like a short somewhere there was also no smell when it first shorted out 

What did they quote you for a new board? Electronic components are normally cheap, but sometimes the labour charged to repair is around the cost of a new one.

if i only can get hold of the pepole in the states to buy the b=new board i will but alas they dont answer me on email total silence . if needbe i will buy a new board  :cursing:

If you have a multimeter you can check it yourself....

Send me a picture of the PCB and I can make some suggestions on what to measure where...

Like Schnoodle said; the Bridge rectifier is a good place to start.

thanks guys i will do as soon as i get it back . i will take a pic of the board the multimeter  :eek: i would not even know what to look for sorry bit challenged when it comes to that but thanks will sure take some pics you guys have more knowledge about this than me  :thumbup:

the treadmill is in capetown at the moment i must come and collect it i man could i bring the board to you and you could help me please . I can bring you some nice red wine  :blush:

Where in Cape Town are you? If you can bring it to Plumstead I might be able to assist you. Get me on whats app. 0724364515

Had a similar problem on my treadmill. I had someone come and check it out. He says the motor is burnt out. This caused a problem on the board. The same chap repaired my treadmill two years back. It was a burnt part on the board that time. Found him on Gumtree Durban.

• 5 years later...

Fitness machine Brackenfell 0826217322.

Have had very good service from them with our treadmill. They service and repair 👌🏻

They also do call outs but that's obviously more expensive but more convenient. 

Edited by Me rida my bicycle