[Event] The Durbie Dash

Ernst Viljoen

Looks like the wind is taking a bit of a chill pill compare to the reports 4 days ago!

I actually prefer a bit of breeze, else there is too much dust, these trails are rather dry this time of year. But not like the hurricane that was the 2013 Tour de PPA. Nooit weer!

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Anyone with a route profile??

I've been told it's "hilly".. I still believe if God wanted me to go up Hills fast he would have given me 4 legs and hooves!!

Grrrrr...

Got home late last night, wanted to enter the MTB event - Racetec website says entries close 01:00am on 19 October 2018 (see attached).

So I (try to) enter.  

Then message says 'entries for this event is now closed'.  

Emailed Racetec, who just shrugs and says entries closed at 11:00pm on 18 October 2018.  

Really don't feel like paying (already pricey) entry fee, AND CSA day license (??) AND late entry fee, to partake in an event which uses trails I can ride any other day... #justsaying.  

post-35401-0-09882400-1539937199_thumb.jpg

post-35401-0-13117200-1539937209_thumb.jpg

I actually prefer a bit of breeze, else there is too much dust, these trails are rather dry this time of year. But not like the hurricane that was the 2013 Tour de PPA. Nooit weer!

Trails are all riding nice, just normal little bit of dust. They just completed all the maintance of all the trails. Just watch out for the last corner of cobra [emoji6]

I wonder how big the groups will be, seems like it is going to be kinda big since a friend with a K PPA seeding is riding in the B (BL) group of this race, with a race number in the 600.

I wonder how big the groups will be, seems like it is going to be kinda big since a friend with a K PPA seeding is riding in the B (BL) group of this race, with a race number in the 600.

i'm wondering this too, i can't decide whether to drop back or not.

Can anyone confirm the number collection at Land Rover N1 City tonight??

My mate received that in an email but all the emails I received only say Durbanville High School..

My mate received that in an email but all the emails I received only say Durbanville High School..

Website also says D'ville high school, maybe your mate read an email from last year?

The collection at Land Rover N1 City was yesterday...