Amashova 2018

WeekendWarrior80

If I read that correctly it means a cross tailwind of around 35km/h on the finish straight....?

Better leave the Compact at home and ride the 53/39 up those hills to be able to stick with the front in the run-in  :devil:

Everything up until that final left turn will be belting crosswinds from the right-hand side though :wacko:

• Replies 218
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't like alarmist people, so take this with a pinch of salt, but my tummy is starting to feel the same way it did at CTCT 2017...

I'm in full stress mode, without even considering the weather... this certainly doesn't help.

Safe travels all... 232km in the saddle planned for tomorrow, 160km on Friday and 175km on Saturday. Favourite ride/race of the year.

Probably see you on the road.

247km to Bethlehem, 140km to Little Switzerland, 210km to Pmb... 

PMB looks like nice clear start, albeit a bit chilly at 10°C

Durban looks to be at least dry-ish by Sunday morning, but Wind(+-30km/h) there will be for sure, just a question of how much and how early on the route we will start to feel it.

Be sure to Bunch-up everyone!

Final 4 km into the finish line is still looking very fast with a cross tailwind blowing us in  :devil:  :thumbup:

post-27827-0-49697700-1539927254_thumb.jpg

post-27827-0-65751500-1539927442_thumb.jpg

PMB looks like nice clear start, albeit a bit chilly at 10°C

Durban looks to be at least dry-ish by Sunday morning, but Wind(+-30km/h) there will be for sure, just a question of how much and how early on the route we will start to feel it.

Be sure to Bunch-up everyone!

Final 4 km into the finish line is still looking very fast with a cross tailwind blowing us in  :devil:  :thumbup:

Checked the weather this morning and was very relieved when I saw that the start looks a lot drier then it did a few days ago. As for the cold, when you come from the Free State(and Pretoria for that matter :ph34r: ) 10 degree ain't that cold haha

More bad news for everyone... A local staying in the area also riding has warned that the section from Thornville and Tekwani Sawmills, right up to Camperdown is riddled with massive potholes and there is no clear line through so everyone will be forced to take evasive action. Watch yourselves and others as we dont want any accidents.

Apparently it was paid to be repaired but the repairs did not get done. This last piece of info came from a race route official.

now we not just fighting the weather but bad road conditions also. *forgot to pack winter kit as it did not compute going to Kzn in October and have kit for cooler conditions...

Good luck everyone!!!

Edited by s14phoenix