SRAM GX or Shimano XT?

Rock Guy

Which 1X option?  

147 members have voted

1. 1. Which 1X option would you choose?

• SRAM GX Eagle
    • Shimano XT M8000

15 minutes ago, MORNE said:

Im assuming one can order the rocker lever on its own? Mine is like the one on the bars in the photo. But from what I read its only an option because it confused people that the big lower bit changed into an easier gear and the akward small bit into a bigger. which is backwards to literally everything out there.

But ive been riding bar-end shifters on my gravel bike for a year now with no paddle shifts in sight otherwise so it wasn't that hard to reprogram my brain in that regard.

but i dont see how the new rocker lever will change the fact that it is still just a click activated shift? Anyway, is what it is for now. 

1773422F-D971-4D57-9A69-626415702980.webp

973DA814-66A0-4C9D-B4E8-BFD24A80FC20.jpeg

yes you can get it separately, and I meant uts shape might move it slightly more out of the way of you thumb when gripping the bars.

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

14 hours ago, MORNE said:

Im assuming one can order the rocker lever on its own? Mine is like the one on the bars in the photo. But from what I read its only an option because it confused people that the big lower bit changed into an easier gear and the akward small bit into a bigger. which is backwards to literally everything out there.

But ive been riding bar-end shifters on my gravel bike for a year now with no paddle shifts in sight otherwise so it wasn't that hard to reprogram my brain in that regard.

but i dont see how the new rocker lever will change the fact that it is still just a click activated shift? Anyway, is what it is for now. 

1773422F-D971-4D57-9A69-626415702980.webp

973DA814-66A0-4C9D-B4E8-BFD24A80FC20.jpeg

Don’t set up AXS shifters like you would a mechanical unit. It should be further out of your way. The touch is quite light and the new paddle adds a stronger spring to give a more firm feeling to the lever besides the ergonomic improvement 

54 minutes ago, DieselnDust said:

Don’t set up AXS shifters like you would a mechanical unit. It should be further out of your way. The touch is quite light and the new paddle adds a stronger spring to give a more firm feeling to the lever besides the ergonomic improvement 

I get this…but another design flaw lol - Its as far as it can be being on a matchmaker. Any further and the brake lever will be too far from optimal. 😅

Edited by MORNE